Sign in to follow this  
Dascombe

The State of Unknown Shores

Hi all

It can't have escaped many people's eyes that the server is in somewhat of a lull and I would argue it has been for at least 9-10 months in terms of server population and the activity of the players (and to a degree, the staff)

There's been multiple lines of chit-chat across discord about why this is and a small amount of people have been working on trying to solve this as I would argue that the current real world circumstances would likely mean we should be getting a larger influx of players coming to the server when frankly new players seem to spend no more than a week in the discord and by week two their characters are seemingly gone and cease to log in (I do not have access to personal data regarding log-in times so this is merely my observations based on my no-life levels of being logged in myself)

To whit i'd like to make this post regarding solving the server's woes and ultimately seeing about making Unknown Shores great again(tm)

I would like as many of you as possible to contact me either by dropping me a message here on the forums or PMing me on discord (Dascombe#3685) where I would appreciate you messaging what you think is wrong with the server and ideally with your solutions on how it could be fixed.

This will be 100% confidential as my previous 'agony aunt' posts have been and I stick to that firmly. The feedback will be heading back directly to the server admins and staff and i'll move hell or high water to solve these issues myself if need be. However if you wish to have your name known, please state so in your correspondence otherwise i'll relay the feedback confidentially by default.

This is not aimed at -just- newbies or -just- vets, this is aimed at everyone as there is issues retaining both veterans and newbies alike.

I would also appreciate it that when players contact me do NOT hold back with your gripes with the server and do NOT hold back with your recommendations with how to fix this server. I don't have all the answers and the staff certainly don't so creative responses are welcomed and encouraged.

As with past gripes i'll be collating all this feedback into a single document and bullet pointing it to simple and sharp reasoning:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dvzA9w__5PKEBcrfPdEOPZkqOswtSDz-0pyq1e_UKWk/edit?usp=sharing

This document is where I shall be collecting all the information pertaining to this feedback so do check back to it from time to time.