Sign in to follow this  
foogleman

Questions & Answers about RPG mechanics

Hey there.

Thought I'd be a good idea to have a thread like this. I'll start with a question of my own.

Quote from the RPG Combat Primer:

" Dodge - A passive effect that mitigates damage, whenever an attack is made, based on the type it will take the ‘key attribute’ of the attack (Strength, Dexterity, or Willpower) and roll it versus an opponent’s Dodge Chance(Determined via Perception + Gear/Effects)+ a small dice roll. If the defender’s roll exceeds yours, the damage from the attack will be reduced, by a factor of the amount the defender exceeded your roll times their Dodge Mitigation(Determined Via Dexterity + Gear/Effects). Damage reduction can only go as high as 80%. "

A lot of the info here seems pretty vague. I also heard Axis mention that the Dodge Chance is actually calculated by your Perception*2 without any roll added to it, which is clearly different from what is stated above. In any case, I would love to know exactly how the Chance to Dodge is calculated, plus how the damage mitigation from a successful Dodge is calculated.

18 hours ago, foogleman said:

Hey there.

Thought I'd be a good idea to have a thread like this. I'll start with a question of my own.

Quote from the RPG Combat Primer:

" Dodge - A passive effect that mitigates damage, whenever an attack is made, based on the type it will take the ‘key attribute’ of the attack (Strength, Dexterity, or Willpower) and roll it versus an opponent’s Dodge Chance(Determined via Perception + Gear/Effects)+ a small dice roll. If the defender’s roll exceeds yours, the damage from the attack will be reduced, by a factor of the amount the defender exceeded your roll times their Dodge Mitigation(Determined Via Dexterity + Gear/Effects). Damage reduction can only go as high as 80%. "

A lot of the info here seems pretty vague. I also heard Axis mention that the Dodge Chance is actually calculated by your Perception*2 without any roll added to it, which is clearly different from what is stated above. In any case, I would love to know exactly how the Chance to Dodge is calculated, plus how the damage mitigation from a successful Dodge is calculated.

I have spoken with Vrahn about this, he made the actual math on this one. He is deciding if he wants to clarify or leave it more 'in the air'.

11 hours ago, Diddly D said:

What would be the process of crafting an item that has no armor type, such as a cosmetic helm?

In general, this uses a Cloth token.