Sign in to follow this  
Sevencix

Sevencix Suggests We Add A Few More White And Grey Items To Pick From At Start

As title says, the selection is very limited and I'd imagine that if someone had more than like, 2-3 armor sets that looks DECENT they'd be less inclined to leave based on that. Maybe even add a starter pack for new accounts or something, but the first part is the essential one to my argument!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sevencix said:

As title says, the selection is very limited and I'd imagine that if someone had more than like, 2-3 armor sets that looks DECENT they'd be less inclined to leave based on that. Maybe even add a starter pack for new accounts or something, but the first part is the essential one to my argument!!!

Honestly i'd argue that the starter set is sufficient in terms of what is offered. Keep in mind folks who are making new characters are literally rolling refugees who have washed up or crash landed in the Doldrums and aren't going to have attire suitably fitted. Otherwise folks will see little or no point in engaging with the crafting system or working towards that 'first' set of clothing (a nice personal milestone I enjoyed on US)

Regarding the bit i've highlighted in red, is there evidence to suggest this is even the case or is it purely anecdotal?

• Like 1

If I'm honest, the issue that puts new players off is the information overload of the RPG System when starting, and the fact that the forum guides are a bit muddled at the moment. They're not in exact order and are just a random collection of stuff, more than a clear and concise guide which would be helpful. 

As Dasc said, you're washing up on the shores so likely you're left with barely little. How will you explain someone managing to get to the shores in full plate for example? When Dragor first started, he looked like a rag-tag Warsong hobo. But now? He's wearing the Champions Battleplate and looks befitting his role. But this has all come through progression, something new players need to be taught. You want nice things? Gotta earn 'em man.

Sure, maybe add a few more grey or white items for a bit of aesthetic variety, but I'd say keep it -very- limited in terms of aesthetic and appearance. We don't need people looking like they've just finished level 60 dungeons and are about to take on heroics. 

1 hour ago, McDankus said:

If I'm honest, the issue that puts new players off is the information overload of the RPG System when starting, and the fact that the forum guides are a bit muddled at the moment. They're not in exact order and are just a random collection of stuff, more than a clear and concise guide which would be helpful. 

Diverging off topic here briefly but I think this is an issue due to the fact that the RPG system updates so frequently and has new additions added to it so often that any 'guides' or information dumps quickly become out of date.

It would be handy to have a member of staff with not too much workload or with a spare hour or two to compile current and up to date list that can be edited in the future.

Back on topic:

More grey items would be nice. Honestly one of the more pressing issues I currently find newbies querying is the amount of plain everyday items (rolling pin, chefs hat etc) that are rare. This is something that could be rectified if more folks got in contact with Skippy or if it's made clearer that there's a process by which item rareities can be changed.

• Like 2

heya thanks for the feedback!!

as said i just simply want a bit more selection on the starter zone, just because you start out with nothing doesn't it mean you shouldn't look dandy as hell as a hobo - what kind of hobo would have blue leather/cloth even, that's a thing too

i can see your points but i disagree with keeping the amount of items like they are since i think making your character look good is a very critical part of creating a new character!!

16 hours ago, Sevencix said:

heya thanks for the feedback!!

as said i just simply want a bit more selection on the starter zone, just because you start out with nothing doesn't it mean you shouldn't look dandy as hell as a hobo - what kind of hobo would have blue leather/cloth even, that's a thing too

i can see your points but i disagree with keeping the amount of items like they are since i think making your character look good is a very critical part of creating a new character!!

TWbbYw5.jpg

This sort

I think the theme of the server is that if you want to look good, you earn it.

What inclination do people have to peruse that nice gear in the crafting system if they just wear their flashy looking starter gear?

I disagree with making characters 'look good' in the start in terms of mid-high status gear, I do however agree with having more variety in terms of what tatty kit is available. There's an abundance of trash items available without including things like tuxedos.

• Like 1

I could see a little more variety of trash added, as long as it's trash. I must admit, I've had a few character concepts that I wanted to go with that I couldn't manage to build a trashy set for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Val said:

I could see a little more variety of trash added, as long as it's trash. I must admit, I've had a few character concepts that I wanted to go with that I couldn't manage to build a trashy set for.

WastefulApprehensiveBongo-size_restricte

Actually, kind of something that has bothered me for awhile. I do not want people to be forced off the boat to only have a choice between one or two very low res, ugly sets per armor type. That said, I don't want new characters to pop in wearing shiny, grand marshal gear. But, considering we have a town and it is viable to make a new character who has been in the Doldrums for a bit, I'd like to provide atleast something slightly better. Atleast a few higher res grey items. 

That is just me, though. I'll see what we can come up with when I got some time to talk to people on it.

• Like 2