Sign in to follow this  
Swiftfeather

Saving face

To preface this, I will answer a question those in Staff's highest positions might ask; Why do I care? Well, let's face it. This server, sadly, is somewhat of a central point for the old Prologue/Legacy/Wake community and I'd hate to see it torn down by one toxic brony. Or whatever they run as nowadays.

I believe it has become quite obvious, over the last week(s) what the issue is.

"It's my way, or the highway." as every third goblin NPC says.  I believe that this phylosophy is really damaging, though not as damaging as some other aspect. The elephant in the room - Elle. Or Dawnforge. You know, same thing.

As someone who is a first-hand witness to Elle's destructive, narcissistic and nepotistic tendencies, I have one piece of advice to give - cut out the tumor. The main arguments against the removal I have seen were, and I paraphrase:

1. "Who would step up to be head keeper?" - litteraly anyone with common decency and maturity would be better than Elle even if they had to get used to the role first.

2. "Elle has the guts to answer all the questions." - answering questions with 'If you don't like it, leave' is not answering questions. That's just being idiotic and stupidly defensive.

You risk losing far more by keeping Elle in, letting him get more secure and spread out his influence as he removes anyone competent enough to oppose him. (And believe me, his storyline ideas are a pain. Did I mention he once nepotised himself into some Paladin on Death Knight action?) Take action before it's not too late.

• Like 6

So, thought I'd wade in here with my own thoughts.

I feel as though lately, there's a small number of people that seem to hold a real issue with Elle. I'm not discounting any reasons behind this because I likely don't know all the facts or the reasons, but I am a little confused as to why this is happening now. Elle has been a Keeper since I joined the server a few months ago, and although he's now in the Head Keeper role, there are still at least two other admins that make decisions regarding the server. 

I think it's really unfair and borderline bullying in the way he is being treated now, over this, a private server for roleplay that means nothing outside of this internet sphere. I know people are going to jump in and comment that maybe he hasn't been nice to others in the past, so this isn't me jumping to the defense of Elle but commenting on what I see here on the forums and in discord chats including the server chat. It's nasty and it's ugly and it really reflects badly on the people doing it, not Elle.

Do I agree with how Shores is run in its entirety? No. Is it 100% what I look for in a server? Again no. But I choose to spend my time here knowing that. And removing Elle as Head Keeper won't magically make it a place that all these people that claim to care so much about it suddenly come and join the server again.

And again, there's a small number of people that are going on and on about this. Most of the actual active playerbase just want to RP and not deal with drama over and over again. At the crux of it, if you don't like the staff, the way the server is run or the storylines maybe it's time to consider looking elsewhere for your roleplay and fun.

• Like 1

@Locket

While I thoroughly understand why you may see this, as some would say, crusade as wholly unecessary and unjistified, at the end of the day you must understand that the behaviour shown by Elle multiple times now and in the past is extremely damaging in the long run. These are the people who are not at all fit for their position and everyone has, is, or will suffer for it if it gets to be too much. 

I wanted to post a screenshot down here but I can't do that from a phone. Therefore, I must direct you to the recently locked topic in Off-topic by Lankgjaer titled 'Quitting'. Read what Zallah had to say.

I mean, I'm not discounting what anyone has to say about Elle, as I said before, all I can judge and comment on is what I have seen or experienced. After reading through Zallah's post, I can see that if that were the case then that is awful too. But I wasn't involved and I don't know all that happened.

I think my point still stands though. And if I had known this of someone who I had known for over a decade, I wouldn't have come and participated on a server with them and spent time roleplaying with them either. That's not to say people can't change or be regretful of things they've done. 

This may be presumptuous, but it feels like the tide kinda turned for Elle when people stopped getting their own way. Until then, people were happy to go along with him and forgot what he may or may not have done in the past.

And now they are doing something similar. Two wrongs don't make a right.

• Like 1

I don't understand how someone who doesn't play on the server, or judging by anything posted on the forum or in discord by them has a soapbox to stand on when it comes to having an opinion. Other than then being a turbonerd of serious degree.

• Like 1

A post about the server's path, what we may offer and our expectations has been posted, alongside a Q&A Thread where people can ask for clarification on all kinds of issues or situations. Therefore, and due to the possible rule breaking that this post may transform into, this post is now locked. Feel free to ask for clarification in the Q&A Post.