Sign in to follow this  
Dascombe

[Issue] Haven Troop Deployment

59163516_1091041977753558_23735193184277

The soon to be announced new Haven troop armour?

Hi guys.

This thread has come about after some long standing criticism (which has resulted in the ban of a member of this community) about the logistics of Haven with a specific focus on its troop deployment and logistics.

The information used in this thread can be gleaned from the below google documents link which I spent the best part of a day compiling in direct violation of the server's fabricated "NO OOC AT ANY TIME" rule which people tell me exists but seemingly does not appear in the forums or any other capacity without a trace...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M8D_BYrKNrFnVckSNu9RtZL17VZdQ_SSDJVmdwez3H8/edit?usp=sharing

Anyway... onto the chunky stuff.

We can see clearly from the above document that although Haven does not have 100+ troops as it constantly meme'd however a total of 83 combatant troops (correct at the time of writing) does make them one of the more powerful factions in the game currently accessible (possibly just below Kolai, Sotoras and the Zandalari trolls and -maybe- the pirates of the Atoll)

Shockingly this total of 83 troops comes to a total of -just- under 1999 CR, the Combat Rating used to judge NPC strength. I do not have Smoulderon's CR at hand but I am sure that it is significantly higher than what he managed but this is 14 times higher than the Tyrant Queen devilsaur who patrols SE Opej.

bcf.png

This also comes to a total of 83 rare weapons / armour used for these NPCs in terms of tokens. If the same rule is being applied to players this would double it to 166 rare tokens.

Furthermore to this these NPCs currently have a total of 8 bunk beds to live in at Haven's barracks. Given that the majority of housing in Haven is empty and available for players to rent (another failed initiative) rather than buy this means that unless Haven has been digging underground for the past 2-3 months to build a huge underground bunkhouse, these NPCs do not have anywhere to sleep.

This is in direct contrast with Drustgarde which has a dedicated bunkhouse for its guards and allows them somewhere to rest. "But what about Drustgarde's numbers" i hear you cry.

Don't worry

They're next.

But back to Haven. We have a huge number of troops here which, if mandatory conscription was employed and a militia made available from the current Haven Citizen numbers (71 of them) it would boost the total CR for Haven up to 2,425 at a minimum.

But what does this mean in its entirity?

Well we cannot make remarks on Haven troops being fed or paid as that would frankly be something IC that should not and cannot be made available to players (something I disagree with as its a GM'd faction but thats a story for another time) however a total of 79 of our troops here have no way to sleep and do not have their housing reflected.

This is odd considering this is a server which apparently hammers on and on about the 1:1 scale of it and the fact that numbers reflect what they are.

As a result i'd like to see one of the following happen:

1.) Haven troops are given appropriate and 1:1 per troop housing. This can be more bunkhouses, more tents, or cramming some hammocks into unusued buildings [PREFERABLE] as this bulks up Haven a bit more to reflect its IC numbers.

2.) Haven troops get angry and pissed off with their poor living conditions and either go on strike, rebel or simply quit [NOT PREFERABLE] as this may cause some upset in more ways than one but may be a good RP opportunity.

I've heard a few people talking now about Haven reaching an almost 'city status', frankly with these sort of numbers it should be if it was reflected in-game. During my tenure as builder I ensured time and time again that things were accounted for in terms of numbers and logistics and this led to some nice places that actually look like they accomodated the numbers they were made for.

• Like 1

for the sake of consistency @Dascombe, i used to play faelian who upgraded some sotoras infantry to sotoras heavy infantry, for me to do this it cost me one uncommon major plate token - this was the decree of elle

i'm still very much neutral on the matter, except the faction war

y'all know who i'm siding with there

So... You're saying that Dawnforge's Argent fetish, who also happens to be the head keeper, is overpowered as hell?

I'm shocked.

• Like 2

Hrm.. It seems to me that these numbers simply are not cohesive at several key points.. Almost makes one wonder.

I should just note that it's pretty well known that Dawnforge (Elle) has always favored Argent Dawn/Crusade in roleplay scenarios. Not only that, but, from personal experience (which I know you will take with a handful of salt (as opposed to just a grain), V) he is incredibly nepotistic towards his friends and favorites. It's no wonder, really, that this issue has arisen.

"It's my way, or the highway." 
If you want to choose who your DM is, you should move to play at another table. Elle didn't come up with that sentiment. We did, together, speak of what the aim of the community is. What the goal of it is, what it's trying to foster. What we're offering. 
You do not have a right to demand changing that. This is our free lemonade stand, and no matter how much you want orange juice, we don't have it.

•  

Well that's this thread wrapped up indirectly with a "No"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dascombe said:

"It's my way, or the highway." 
If you want to choose who your DM is, you should move to play at another table. Elle didn't come up with that sentiment. We did, together, speak of what the aim of the community is. What the goal of it is, what it's trying to foster. What we're offering. 
You do not have a right to demand changing that. This is our free lemonade stand, and no matter how much you want orange juice, we don't have it.

•  

Well that's this thread wrapped up indirectly with a "No"

Actually, we're world editing changes to Haven to add more housing in the next run of patches, I just said it in Discord and forgot to post it here.
The point of the housing being inaccurate came up because we edited in the "upgraded" barracks without actually realising that upgrading in wow means "less beds" not more.
But it is being looked into.

1 minute ago, Varen said:

Actually, we're world editing changes to Haven to add more housing in the next run of patches, I just said it in Discord and forgot to post it here.
The point of the housing being inaccurate came up because we edited in the "upgraded" barracks without actually realising that upgrading in wow means "less beds" not more.
But it is being looked into.

So thats the world editors being blamed?

My issue is it seems like Haven is just growing and growing with little to no explanation, even Icly. Just sounds like a pet project that someone wants to expand because they can with little to no opposition. Haven doesn't even provide interesting or dynamic roleplay. Even the tavern RP is stale at best. There's only so many times you can sit in a tavern and pick up chicks to bang in your player bought housing. 

Edited by McDankus

2 minutes ago, Dascombe said:

So thats the world editors being blamed?

No, we really genuinely picked the bigger building without accounting for wow's way to work things out, such as the towers of it being unaccessible etc. We just gotta take more care next time.

Just now, Varen said:

No.

So are we expecting to see enough beds for over 80 troops? That's going to require a lot of world editing even if you consider the amount of beds that come with bunkhouses. Reason for my reservation is the latest set of housing was about 5 player houses and a trading outpost (which isn't that much when you think about it)

This needs some densely packed housing akin to something Bonkle is capable of. Alleyways, cellars, highs and lows.

1 minute ago, Dascombe said:

So are we expecting to see enough beds for over 80 troops? That's going to require a lot of world editing even if you consider the amount of beds that come with bunkhouses. Reason for my reservation is the latest set of housing was about 5 player houses and a trading outpost (which isn't that much when you think about it)

This needs some densely packed housing akin to something Bonkle is capable of. Alleyways, cellars, highs and lows.

We'll have to see how we can fit it in the edit, it's a work in progress.