Sign in to follow this  
Dascombe

[Staff Complaint] - Pallas

DltxsSE.jpg

Hi guys

I've been somewhat close to patient over the past few weeks / months and what has hit the server. Some would perhaps even say 'diplomatic'

Today that patience tipped over the scales and I logged in to a guild member frantically wondering what the hell to do after finding the above.

X6 CR38 Blackwing Mutants 

X3 CR35 Blackwing Monstrostities

I will start with the following:

• Firstly I nearly logged into one of these things and would likely have been one-shotted by it relentlessly.
  • Secondly, the guild Mork'Kar Vanguard recieved -NO- warning about this attack in direct violation of guild base attack rules.
  • Thirdly there was no event notification about it, no rumour posted, not even a polite discord message to warn us of this.

The guild so far is comprised of three members of whom one is more or less inactive leaving two.

This is not only unreasonable, its unfair and downright cruel to do this to a guild trying to lift itself from the ashes having had its guild leader removed from the server.

I have come to understand that this was of course done by the GM Pallas who many of you know plays the character 'Tsolvia'. This raises very strong questions about this 'event' considering the staff member now apparently has free reign to waltz up to this place and the forces nessecary to overcome these threats and claim their loot.

This is a task rendered completely impossible by MKV alone and is frankly suspicious considering this comes straight after I open up a public [PROJECT] aiming to restore the area -AND- the fact that a huge chunk of the server had a rather large battle to clear the peak of an elemental invader already.

This is -NOT- how you revive Horde roleplay. This is how you -KILL- Horde roleplay. Though frankly this is likely already the aim of Pallas and has already become apparent after he bragged in LFRP about his character doing all of the Horde guild's quests for it:

3daee3ffd4092d9088a2747448108ef1.png

As far as I know, several locations for this "invasion" had been put into a random number generator of sorts and then it was rolled which places on Opej would get hit by it. The fact that it hit the Grom'Goshar summit was just random.

You are also not the only one who was hit by this. This afternoon I helped Eg clear out the ship wreckage between Haven and Drustgarde of insanes, because he wants to build New New New Egtown there. Literally 10 minutes after we were done clearing it out, a server message popped up warning about "flying shadows in the sky" and a minute later, a whole bunch of those hostile NPCs were spawned all over the wreckage. So Eg's plans got cockblocked by this hostile invasion, too.

Thirdly, yeah I see you are salty. But I personally, I am excited! I like danger and I like when there is "stuff to do". Let's just gather up some allies and make an event to destroy the invaders.

Another point is... you are acting as if this was an attack on a guild base. It is not. The top of Grom'Goshar is not a guild base. The current Horde guild base is further down at the lumber mill, and the hostile NPCs are still far away from that. No attacks on that base have been made, so it's fine. At least in my book.

I don't know why you are reacting so salty about this. Five hours ago or so when I heard about this "event", I quickly logged in on Krazzix because I was worried about the lumber mill. But it was fine, no enemies no nothing. I then went further up to check out the summit and saw.. yeah alright, there is some hostile NPCs up at the old G'G ruins now. Whatever. That was literally my reaction to it. Just a *shrug* and a "Gotta find some people later to go clean up."

(On a side note, the hostility with calling Gruk a cuck etc.  was really unnecessary)

I already responded to you in Discord DMs but since you made a public thread rather than putting it in Staff Contact, I'll reiterate my points and even point out some more things.

Firstly, fair. I didn't give a warning but that's because the plateau doesn't interfere with any actual property or endanger NPCs. If I spawned the monstrosities further down, where it would interfere with guild property, then it would call for a warning though. I specifically chose the spot when the wheeldecide landed on Grom'Goshar as to not interfere with guild operations but still give a sense of urgency. No NPCs or anything built has been harmed or will be harmed unless you consciously decide to bring orc children or something up there.

Secondly, also fair. I didn't know you'd spawn into that. If you were to be harmed, I'm sure Lang or I would help with your wounds and fatigue that might have been caused by it. I should have summoned you back to the base settlement.

Lastly, there is no nepotism going on here. The idea behind this was not to shit on Horde RP again but to give a sense of urgency to a small invasion without immediately harming anything. There is no Trailblazers nepotism going on here. If it were, I'd spawn it by Drustgarde near the camp. Like Foogle stated, there was a random number generator I picked after I learned of the bad timing with Eg's clearing of the shipwreck for New New New New Egtown.

For the sake of clarity, here is the screenshot of all the odds. It just so happens to be that Grom'Goshar was the one landed on.

image.png.efd5ae375ac5a4a92e660c65012b7d7d.png
If you cannot take on a threat on your own, try asking other players for assistance. I would also like to note that these NPCs will not respawn. I have manually turned the option off. This wasn't even supposed to last a day. If a force was mustered while you were gone, you wouldn't even know until one of the people among that force told you.

As for the cuck thing, I already apologized and stated that it was me taking that joke-y faction banter in LFRP a little too far.

The only issue that I might have with this situation, or any other situation like it has nothing to do with the points Dascombe mentioned, so I'm kind of going off topic here.

I think either the strength/numbers of the enemy have to be considered/laid out according to the playerbase size (small), or friendly NPC support has to be used more often than not.

The point is, because of the overwhelming odds (compared to the small playerbase thay is, not purely OP) much of the content is red taped. (Like black finger/etc).

So... 90% of the existing main characters are XP capped, yet we can barely beat real odds even if we come together, because of our purely low server pop numbers. Food for thought.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

On 5/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, foogleman said:

As far as I know, several locations for this "invasion" had been put into a random number generator of sorts and then it was rolled which places on Opej would get hit by it. The fact that it hit the Grom'Goshar summit was just random.

You are also not the only one who was hit by this. This afternoon I helped Eg clear out the ship wreckage between Haven and Drustgarde of insanes, because he wants to build New New New Egtown there. Literally 10 minutes after we were done clearing it out, a server message popped up warning about "flying shadows in the sky" and a minute later, a whole bunch of those hostile NPCs were spawned all over the wreckage. So Eg's plans got cockblocked by this hostile invasion, too.

Thirdly, yeah I see you are salty. But I personally, I am excited! I like danger and I like when there is "stuff to do". Let's just gather up some allies and make an event to destroy the invaders.

Another point is... you are acting as if this was an attack on a guild base. It is not. The top of Grom'Goshar is not a guild base. The current Horde guild base is further down at the lumber mill, and the hostile NPCs are still far away from that. No attacks on that base have been made, so it's fine. At least in my book.

I don't know why you are reacting so salty about this. Five hours ago or so when I heard about this "event", I quickly logged in on Krazzix because I was worried about the lumber mill. But it was fine, no enemies no nothing. I then went further up to check out the summit and saw.. yeah alright, there is some hostile NPCs up at the old G'G ruins now. Whatever. That was literally my reaction to it. Just a *shrug* and a "Gotta find some people later to go clean up."

(On a side note, the hostility with calling Gruk a cuck etc.  was really unnecessary)

Firstly, I was informed by Eg that he complained about it and then it was moved, why is / was no such opportunity presented to MKV? Only difference was that we weren't around to actually object to the slapping of NPCs on guild territory. Eg's plans didn't get cockblocked by this hostile invasion because they haven't actually landed there.

Secondly, this isn't 'stuff to do', this is more mindless killing which frankly doesn't promote all that much interaction. It won't be spoken of as a gigantic battle, it won't contribute much to character development. It'll be another rockup, kill, loot, heal, log off.

The top of Grom'Goshar -is- a guild base. The peak of G'G has been considered guild base territory for ages and for it to suddenly change now smacks of rule change for the benefit of staff. Gruk still lives atop that peak in his spirit shack which was not damaged or destroyed by Smoulderon's attack.

On 5/30/2019 at 7:41 PM, CascadingPrism said:

I already responded to you in Discord DMs but since you made a public thread rather than putting it in Staff Contact, I'll reiterate my points and even point out some more things.

Firstly, fair. I didn't give a warning but that's because the plateau doesn't interfere with any actual property or endanger NPCs. If I spawned the monstrosities further down, where it would interfere with guild property, then it would call for a warning though. I specifically chose the spot when the wheeldecide landed on Grom'Goshar as to not interfere with guild operations but still give a sense of urgency. No NPCs or anything built has been harmed or will be harmed unless you consciously decide to bring orc children or something up there.

Secondly, also fair. I didn't know you'd spawn into that. If you were to be harmed, I'm sure Lang or I would help with your wounds and fatigue that might have been caused by it. I should have summoned you back to the base settlement.

Lastly, there is no nepotism going on here. The idea behind this was not to shit on Horde RP again but to give a sense of urgency to a small invasion without immediately harming anything. There is no Trailblazers nepotism going on here. If it were, I'd spawn it by Drustgarde near the camp. Like Foogle stated, there was a random number generator I picked after I learned of the bad timing with Eg's clearing of the shipwreck for New New New New Egtown.

For the sake of clarity, here is the screenshot of all the odds. It just so happens to be that Grom'Goshar was the one landed on.

image.png.efd5ae375ac5a4a92e660c65012b7d7d.png
If you cannot take on a threat on your own, try asking other players for assistance. I would also like to note that these NPCs will not respawn. I have manually turned the option off. This wasn't even supposed to last a day. If a force was mustered while you were gone, you wouldn't even know until one of the people among that force told you.

As for the cuck thing, I already apologized and stated that it was me taking that joke-y faction banter in LFRP a little too far.

Firstly that is not a random number generator, you've just provided a list of potential sites and no indication that it was randomly selected. Had you perhaps listed the landing sites in order in chat and did /roll 15 I would believe you but frankly you have had a bit of beef with G'G after it's become apparent your character has a personal vested interest in the peak on multiple fronts. A 1-in-fifteen chance is somewhat dubious I hope you'll understand.

Yes, I am aware that your character personally did not turn up (likely because you were DMing) and for that I retract my comment about feeding yourself events and apologize for it.

However the point still remains that this -is- guild territory and no warning was granted for such. I am still irked that this sort of event style is being applied as it contributes little or nothing to storytelling and simply provides another meaningless grind of assaulting invading forces which requires barely any thought process to be applied. Same people, same gang, same circumstances.

Furthermore there is little being offered to G'G regarding storytelling events that are capable for the guild to take down on their own which basically ends up forcing us to engage with characters who we don't necessarily have a want to engage with. Where's the low-tier stuff being provided rather than large invasion forces requiring big numbers to take down? This is just one of the reasons Horde RP is dwindling.

PS: The invasion -did- interrupt some RP- 

Edited by Dascombe