5C3dubj.gif

SRp5fHZ.gif

'' I am Sir Alistair Roux. Former Knight-Commander of the Grand Alliance and the ninth legion. Loyal member of Her Majesty's dreadguard. Veteran of the First, Second and Third Great Wars. Veteran of the Northrend campaign. I was the son of Darius and Morganna Roux. The husband to a beautiful wife. The father of two wonderful children. I have fought in life and in undeath, and I have fallen. Twice. I stand in front of you now as a Knight of the Ebon Blade. An abomination and a monster, but a knight nonetheless. And I'll fight again, so you don't have to. ''

SRp5fHZ.gif

Hey guys! I've decided to make use of this spoiler in order to try and clarify a few things. First of all, I'm very well aware that this "character biography" is indeed very short. I'd like to assure you that it is short not because of lack of content,  but rather than me deciding to go with a new and different way of presentation as opposed to the old, obnoxiously long and in depth biographies that to be honest I can neither be arsed to sit down and write these days, nor anybody really reads. 

Now, and with that being said... I'm also aware that this character seems overly accomplished. The thing is that none of that matters in The Doldrums - and that's the point (the greater the rise, the harder the fall). Thanks to the gimped magic in the setting, as well as the RPG system existing in a first place (and death knights having a harder early game in the RPG), this character will be very weak at the start, and not just for Death Knight standards, but generally (which is again, the point). 

Last but not least, I'd like to assure those with particular concerns of this being Death Knight #1287317831. I have never role played the gloomy, overly depressed, emo, silent and borderline non-existing undead characters (were it Forsaken or Death Knights) and I have no intentions to. I will of course still do the best of my ability to maintain the flaws of a Death Knight's personality (
or lack of a too colorful personality), while trying to still be an approachable character in a certain sense.

If you have any questions, problems or concerns -- I will be happy to hear them out. I recommend you bear with me and see the character in-game first though. Oh! I'll also probably update this thread overtime with tales of the character's development and adventures on these unknown shores.

PS: Nobody will believe me, but I swear: I was just heading out my place when the thought of such a way to present the character hit me (a quote of his that reveals some background and a hints at personality). As soon as that thought hit me, I started brainstorming what would such a quote sound like, so as I began brainstoring thru his "accolades", it was THEN that I realized that this is basically MAXIMUS DECIMUS (the manner of the quote/speech). It wasn't an intentional replica, I promise. I think it came out nicely though so you're gonna live with it.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Like 5