Sign in to follow this  
Dascombe

[Query] Ice Island - Transition

Hey guys

Just a quick post out there to see what's going on with regards to the Ice Island transition.

Insofar as can be established, Ice Island will be -THE- main phase for everyone with limited visits / excursions to other islands (Sotoras, Kolai etc) to wrap up storyline loose ends and as such when the island comes everyone will ICly be on Ice Island (unless I guess they choose to remain where they are?)

I'd just like to publicly query what's going on with regards to the movement from other islands to Ice Islands with a couple questions that hopefully won't reveal too much as to how ICly the transition will take place:

1.) Will there be a means for certain characters to be 'locked' if they wish to remain on certain islands (Menhirs / Opej?) rather than go to Ice Island? Once again as the reason for the move is not yet known characters may end up having to move due to (un)natural disasters hitting the islands.

2.) Will the transition to Ice Island be instantaneous or over an elongated period? Am hoping for the latter as the former basically forces people to be railroaded into -HOW- they get to Ice Island whereas the latter allows for folks to prepare, build ships or acquire other means to get there. It's not really been established much the reasoning for a mass exodus towards one island, and this thread is not to ascertain the why's, but rather it's quite important for folks to established they need to get from A to B ICly.

• Like 2

1) There will be two possible places for characters to hide away during Ice Island's foray as the play area. But, I have not put any thought into it. As it stands No, characters can not hide away on another island. This could change before the launch, and if it does it will be included in the launch information.

2) My current plan for actually launching the island is a build up that lasts anywhere from one week, to three. I'm giving it such a big gap because there will be a lot to work out that I simply can not plan for, as my plans have to be flexible enough to take player characters into count. There may also be a week of 'downtime' for the OOC moving of a players inventory, as I am going to allow architect objects to be taken. And we will be providing a way for players to be able to move all that without having to build or buy a bunch of storage chests for themselves.

That is all I can say without giving away things more in depth.

16 hours ago, Elle said:

1) There will be two possible places for characters to hide away during Ice Island's foray as the play area. But, I have not put any thought into it. As it stands No, characters can not hide away on another island. This could change before the launch, and if it does it will be included in the launch information.

2) My current plan for actually launching the island is a build up that lasts anywhere from one week, to three. I'm giving it such a big gap because there will be a lot to work out that I simply can not plan for, as my plans have to be flexible enough to take player characters into count. There may also be a week of 'downtime' for the OOC moving of a players inventory, as I am going to allow architect objects to be taken. And we will be providing a way for players to be able to move all that without having to build or buy a bunch of storage chests for themselves.

That is all I can say without giving away things more in depth.

Ace, thats a relief to hear that there's either stuff in the pipeline or that it isn't decided yet

And no worries about  giving away stuff! Can understand not wanting to ruin the surprise(s)