Sign in to follow this  
Elle

[World Update] The Burning of Silver-Eye

"It was a quiet night, Zakula. Not a breathe of wind.... I tell you, none of us saw it coming. None of us. Such... horror. Bless Hindel's bloody greedy for taking its focus it..." Sears took a deep breathe, his body trembling. His fellow Ferry operator leaning across her desk frowning, it was highly uncommon for one ferryman to stay at a stop for more then to drop off or pick up passengers. Let alone say they are moving here...

After a few moments, Sears was able to regain enough composure to continue. "Then the waves hit. Massive ones. They poured over the Galleon and then the docks... I... There was more then one, but this one... it was larger, terrifying. A massive black shape in the air... And... it spoke... 'This island and your horde of greed now belong to me.'..." Sears let out a sigh, moving to take a seat and hang his head. "I'm not sure who made it out... but... It burned Silver-Eye. Setting the entire town aflame. Have you ever seen someone set alight by... by a dragon's fire right before you -and- barely survive? Its... I.." He coughed, almost retching at the thought. "S-so many dead.... all because of the bloody green snotball's greed..."

"It was a massive black dragon, Zakula. Silver-Eye is ash."

igor-burlakov-dartgarry-dartgarry-black-

Late into the night, Shipmaster Sears arrived to Port Drustgarde, his ferry overloaded with people from Silver-Eye. Injured, burned, suffering from smoke inhalation. Sears stepped onto the docks and told his tale to Zakula, Sotoran soldiers taking the injured to the infirmary. And word spread rapidly. Across the entire Doldrums, all know what now sat atop the peak of Silver-Eye. A massive column of soaring into the sky from Silver-Eye's location was testament to it. 

Sears could not answer who survived such an event. Only the next few days would show the Doldrums how badly the loss of life was.

• Like 3