Sign in to follow this  
Elle

[Quest Chain] A Razor's Bite.

"There aren't many left from that time. Back when we lived in more squalid conditions then we do now. When the fear of troll raids." The gruff, dirty human male looked around his fellow refugees around the fire. The moon was high in the sky as he regaled them with heroics of men and women long dead or gone. "The first was when the Daggerfin Pirates owned this and it was simply a bar with a camp. The Ironbound did that. Aye. Them. Heroes, villains, greedy sods. Whatever ye' wanna call them. But, they were the first to stand against the Razorbranch from Kolai. I wasn't here for that one... But.."

Trailing off, the man fell silent. The fire cracking to cover the silence. A mild commotion could be heard on the other side of the Port, this wasn't terribly unusual, so the man finally finished his tale. "My brother and I were here for the second. When a large force of those blood-thirsty, beasts came back. In far larger numbers, shortly after Drustgarde purchased the Port and Caveat moved their men out. Oh, by the Light, was it a force to take the Port. They surrounded it. Defenses quickly organized. Luckily we 'ad a hour or two before they finally came ashore and started the siege. They were met with a daring attack. A few o' Lady Springfield's soldiers protected us in the bar while the majority of Drustgarde and its allies started the attack. And I never thought I'd say this, but the bloody orcs came to help aswell. Landed off a ferry, sounded the horn and rushed into the fight. A few of us were taken, my brother included. But, the trolls were almost routed, most of their boats destroyed. Since then, the trolls have not dared to return."

About half an hour after the man finished his story, news spread like wildfire. Like the pages of a story, the timing was incredible it seemed. The Razorbranch had returned. They butchered another camp of trolls on the old site of Drustgarde's base. A few hours later, a badly injured and near-death refugee brought even worse news. Halfpoint Haven had been besieged by a small force of trolls aswell they only had enough supplies to hold out for a week...

It seems Sal'do the Clever has decided to finally make another move on the board... 

troll_headhunter_by_samarskiy-d8170k2.jp

OOC:

So, this is the start of a low-mid xp quest chain designed for groups and possibly some soloing at high xp. 

Currently, there are two quests to do. [The Butchered Camp] and [Haven's Siege].

[The Butchered Camp] Can be handled without a DM present. But, it is asked you may a ticket afterwards about any special items you find and/or upon clearing the camp. Player's have a week to deal with this before the NPCs will progress.

[Haven's Siege] requires some minor DM presence, so for that one you will have to make a ticket and schedule a time with me. Player's have a week to effect the outcome of this quest.

The purpose of this quest chain is to both test out a way for us to give players something to atleast be minorly engaged in, hopefully have a blast with, that doesn't require a DM being present due to timezone differences and absences caused by RL. And secondly, try out this formula.

There are multiple stages to this, that will be revealed as each milestone is reached, either in time, or by players pushing for a conclusion one way or another. After this first stage, I will open a feedback thread to get people's thoughts.

Good hunting.~

• Like 1

The [Haven's Siege] quest has been completed. All that remains of Part One of this quest chain is [The Butchered Camp]. This is recommended at 5+. The deadline to complete this is 12/9. 

Part 2:

As the Blood Warrior fell to the blades of adventurers, and word spread many thought yet another Kolai raid on Opej'Nor had been soundly defeated. But, Sal'do was not called 'the Clever' for no reason. He had been kind, in his mind, to the upstarts who refused to bend to the knee to him. Settling on -his- lands. Every chance he had given them to willingly fall in line had failed. There would be no more diplomacy. No more asking. Those on Opej'Nor would serve him in chains, or die. 

It didn't take long for bad news to reach the ears of the people. Razorbranch Raiders had swarmed into the jungle. Preying on lone hunters and weak looking targets. Halfpoint Haven, once more was throwing off raids, and even the Gorgeous Boy camp just down the beach from Drustgarde was being raided on the daily. It was clear to all that this wasn't just a raid. It was something far worse.

[Quest 1] Bring me their h-Necklaces.

The 'Captain' at Halfpoint Haven has posted up notes around various settlements. Saying that him and his people would pay for each troll slain. A necklace that all the Kolai raiders seemed to have was what he chose to have as proof. Offering Silver... and if fifty were brought, an item of rare quality would be rewarded to those who threw themselves fully into combating this menace. 

OOC: I will be placing an NPC who can take these necklaces, you will be given 1xp and 10 silver per turn in. Once 50 are turned in, you will be rewarded with an item from the npc. You make a ticket asking to speak with the 'Captain' and he will give you a rare item of your desire.

If you turn in another fifty, you will get a special reward and a title.(100 total.)

[Quest 2] I have a Ballista. I Have some Gunpowder. Boom. Trolls Gone.

Word spreads that the 'Captain' is looking for help making a Balista and a few explosive bolts to fire at the base camp the trolls have once preparations for an attack are finished. He is looking for at least an adept engineer of some sorts to help, and someone with access to gunpowder or explosives. Like always, the 'Captain' promises payment and rewards for the help.

OOC: The Captain needs 100 Rugged timber, 100 Hardwood, 150 Greenery, 100 Simple Metal and 50 sturdy. He will grant Silver for this, plus you gain reputation. Those who contribute the most will gain reputation, possibly a reward. Make a ticket to speak to an npc or the captain. Anyone with Architect 40+ will be given another task to help with for extra silver. People can ask the 'Captain' to point them to a place to find gunpowder to help aswell for silver.

*For weeks, skirmishes have ranged in the jungle. Trollish blood split time and time again. The 'Captain' delayed by the lack of siege equipment and blessed by an influx of refugees, some of which turned to guards and workers. But, with the completion of the Ballista and the acquiring of some gunpowder, he was ready to launch his offensive.*

[Quest-Event] Salvation of the Sanctuary

*Word spreads that a elite group of Razorbranch have set themselves up at the pond near Drustgarde, once known as 'Sanctuary'. Hoping to turn the nature magic innate to the area against their foes, the Kolai have begun to do so with blood magic. The Captain is offering a payment of 500 Silver, and allowing all loot from the raiders to be granted for this. Captain is looking for a decent, organized group and is even offering help from his own 'elite' men in regards to this. Those interested should form a group and have their appointed leader reach out to the Captain to plan for this.*

OOC: I will leave it up to players to organize themselves and reach out to me and the Captain to set a time and date for this. Your character can die or be seriously injured in this event.

[Finale] The Besieged Launched a Siege.

*The Captain has begun making plans to launch an assault on the Kolai main camp. He has stated he will make a call to arms when it begins and he needs aid. This is the make or break of the push-back against the troll invasion.*

Rain poured heavily down upon Opej'Nor as the first shots of Haven's Ballista echo'd in the air. Landing in the Razorbranch Encampment, killing trolls and setting the place aflame. Undeterred, the trolls gave a last, to the man defense of their camp, while the Captain led his forces against the trolls. The better equipped and led soldiers of Haven suffered minimal losses. Thanks to the help of a group of adventurers and allies, Haven managed to destroy the trolls and capture one of their leaders. The Invasion has been stopped, the threat of Kolai has been diminished once more, but some scary rumors and thoughts have come to the forefront. In total, around thirty people who occupy Opej'Nor normally have perished since the start. However, hundred of trolls have died. And yet, they kept coming and seemed to not care for the losses. Something else churns at the heart of the Razorbranch tribe...

OOC: This concludes the quest chain for a 'Razor's Bite'. Its been a long one, and not terribly event heavy, but I hope everyone enjoyed it all the same! Thank you all for participating!

• Like 1