Sign in to follow this  
Axis48

Unknown Shores GENERAL Question and Answer Thread

As we sort things out for beta, I'm sure you guys have loads of questions about how we're running the server, policies, and so on! So to make sure you guys have what you need, we'll be opening up a more GENERAL Q&A thread here for questions you guys have! If you have lore specific questions, please use the Lore Q&A thread! Otherwise, ask away!

6 hours ago, Amazium said:

So, morphs? :D

Morphs will be available for reasonable quests and functional on an application base. We will have some more 'common' morphs that will unlock brand new 'racial effects' for thier character in the RPG system, so being a new character race has never been more interesting!

4 hours ago, Oochie said:

Will there be any sort of limitations / screening process for certain player archetypes, or will anyone be free to play anything even if it stretches boundaries a little bit?

I'm not really entirely sure myself, just wondering if there will be any sort of 'prestige' class/race in a broad sense. I feel like restricting a few classes and races that wouldn't necessarily be common on the Doldrums would create a better environment for everyone-- though, having said that, it does feel like the server's setting is set up in such a way that there aren't really any restrictions when it comes to whether or not a character should/could be there or not!

I do not believe it will be our policy to not play roleplay police -too- heavily. There are some restrictions on race and class combos and in general we'll try to discourage the insane, but not the far-fetched. This is still Azeroth, the rules of that universe still apply and they should be respected.

• Like 1

Just now, Amazium said:

So, morphs? :D

Morphs will be available for reasonable quests and functional on an application base. We will have some more 'common' morphs that will unlock brand new 'racial effects' for thier character in the RPG system, so being a new character race has never been more interesting!

• Like 1

Will there be any sort of limitations / screening process for certain player archetypes, or will anyone be free to play anything even if it stretches boundaries a little bit?

56 minutes ago, Oochie said:

What do you mean specifically when you say archetypes?

43 minutes ago, Vrahn said:

What do you mean specifically when you say archetypes?

I'm not really entirely sure myself, just wondering if there will be any sort of 'prestige' class/race in a broad sense. I feel like restricting a few classes and races that wouldn't necessarily be common on the Doldrums would create a better environment for everyone-- though, having said that, it does feel like the server's setting is set up in such a way that there aren't really any restrictions when it comes to whether or not a character should/could be there or not!

4 hours ago, Oochie said:

I do not believe it will be our policy to not play roleplay police -too- heavily. There are some restrictions on race and class combos and in general we'll try to discourage the insane, but not the far-fetched. This is still Azeroth, the rules of that universe still apply and they should be respected.

• Like 1

Will modding stand states be available for players to use? Also, for building would that be an off the bat feature for when we collect enough materials or is the cost of buildings still in development? 

Modding Standstates is currently functional for players, yes! We'll have a list of the available states soon-ish!

Building is a WiP, we're working on the method for deploying it in game, which includes the costs. It is planned, and we have a version '1' of the costs. We'll likely do a full post with all that information once it's closer to finalization!