Sign in to follow this  
Potato

Automated Macros

Elle suggested I stick this on the forums, regarding making everything more user friendly, particularly the RPG system.

One small suggestion I had that I did not see suggested or discussed by anyone was perhaps an addon that would automate the creation of macros, to a small or large degree.

There are addons that exist for the game that create macros for various purposes, so it should be possible. It can be as simple as - You learn an ability, a macro is created to coincide with that ability. Perhaps with an icon already selected (You can of course customize it afterward), perhaps also the addon can populate your action bar with it (like when you learn new abilities, in retail).

However, if it was literally just as basic as making a macro with the actual macro commands in it and nothing else was done, this would be a worthwhile investment/first version I think.

Edited by Potato
  • Like 2

Sounds like a lot of work for something that players can do in literally 5 seconds...

.rpg act spellnamehere

Edited by AlexV

5 hours ago, AlexV said:

Sounds like a lot of work for something that players can do in literally 5 seconds...

.rpg act spellnamehere

Requires players to know to do it, how to do it, it's not user friendly and it's something that can be easily automated. Consider it part of a suite of improvements that can be made to make everything more user friendly.

Edited by Potato