Sign in to follow this  
Antioch

Important Announcement: Going Forward

Hello ladies and gents of Unknown Shores. You might have noticed things have been picking up lately, but I realize some things may still seem unclear and off, so I thought it was time to clarify what it is we're doing and how we'll be moving forward.

1. Systems : Varen has been working hard to update the RPG system running our servers, with more updates yet to come. We hope these new additions will add to the overall fun of actually participating in the system and address the concerns many of you have pointed out. You have been heard, fear not! What we can expect in the coming days: - An overhaul of how experience and progression of combat XP works, tailored to let lower-XP players catch up, those who've put in hard work so far to still bare the fruits of their labor and overall increase player progression across the board. -New additions to RPG professions to make each profession more individual and grant more benefits to the player putting in productivity into them across the board -A way to hire NPC's to "work for you" for massive projects requiring a lot of materials. Putting all those refugees you've been feeding to some work! -Balance updates yet to come.(edited)

2. Story: The story team has been working hard to address the feedback raised against the narrative on our server being unorganized and too focused on one thing. What you can expect from the upcoming storylines and events and generally the story part of the server as a whole: -A reorganization of the narrative and updates on the Lore of the Doldrums, how they function, which specific rules govern over them and all those questions you've been asking that have lead to confusion or frustration. -Many more minor events to influence the world and make it feel alive. This will be the main focus of all the Keepers, that and resolving player tickets. -The main narrative will be progressing at a regular pace as we strive to tie many loose ends created in times past through IC means. This means rather than solve things off-screen, we still want to get players involved in the resolution of these stories as many have invested a lot of effort in them. -Many and I mean many upcoming changes on the server setting as a whole, one meant to scale content based on the available population as to not have a giant swath of islands that are empty and lifeless.

3. Player Communication With the help of the newest addition to our team @Community Manager @Cudn we seek to greatly improve how the overall player base communicates with the staff team. We're all here to enjoy ourselves and communication is an integral part of making an enjoyable atmosphere. What we seek to improve in particular is: -Feedback and how it is addressed. -The general feel of the server, and which points does the player base think we can improve on the most. The means we will be going about this are several fold:
1. @Cudn Will be doing her best to make sure the entire team hears a complaint when it is raised. Systems related, player related or staff related, you have a voice both in the Staff team and the Council.
2. I will be holding Bi-Weekly Q&A's for any more delicate questions and concerns. While we always strive to listen to feedback and such, this will be a time where we set aside specific time ONLY for addressing these concerns and talking with the players on how to solve them.
3. Incentive for anyone to bring forth any ideas they have on how we can improve what is currently out there and make things more fun for everyone!

4. Clarity A major issue I've seen brought up in the past is people not knowing whom to turn to for what. Therefore I will outline the purpose and tasks of each member of the staff team. This notice will also be pinned and on the forum:
@Antioch Anything regarding the current events, lore and narrative of the server. Tickets, events and general questions, don't hesitate to PM me.
@Varen Systems, to be short. RPG combat, professions and the new systems we'll be adding, he's the guy to poke.
@Cudn Community relations. Feedback and complaints in general. Have a problem with another member of the community, regardless if they are staff or another player? Think you've been treated unfairly - she's the person to turn to.
@Keeper Tickets, minor requests or actions and reactions your character does in the world on the day-to day basis. Keepers are the main people who will be handling your tickets and the smaller scale story lines, so don't hesitate to contact them. Preferably through the ticketing system so we can all keep track of it.
@Helper If you need anything minor helped with requiring GM access including: Help with bugs, XP transfer, Character retirement and so on. Again, preferably through the use of the ticketing system

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this