Sign in to follow this  
AlexV

Discord moderation is a joke

Posted (edited)

It's been almost 48 hours since I've been muted for saying ''fuck off'' to someone that called me retard in the past ( and of course, got no punishment for it ). I swear even My Little Pony's reddit wouldn't mute you for 48 hours over that.

1ca4930b100b8128a42c028f1fa69eac.png

05b2e62ef23c064e63d9e749885ecc4f.png

Absolutely ridiculous that an adult server even mutes people for saying ''fuck'', but 48 hours?

Edited by AlexV
  • Like 2

Would it be possible to get screenshots of the discord chat where this happened? Just so context is known.

Will agree on the off this sounds extremely stupid especially if no warning was granted and honestly the tone of someone cannot be fully realized over discord (I've had it where staff have appeared to be quite snide but this is not always the case)

• Like 1

338d195e70cb9bd0b1e18f180760263d.png

I was discussing something Staff related with Antioch and Varen, Soyaman butted in as he always does to say something antagonising to me and I told him to fuck off.

I now learned that it's a one week mute.

:)

It's definitely deserved. It's an unnecessary comment, because you could've just only done what you literally did - blocked him.

Should Soyaman been muted in the past for the thing you're referencing (i.e. calling you a retard)? Yes, but because he was doing more than calling you a retard.

The Discord does need more moderation. No one can deny that. However, a lot of players like to banter and it's difficult to differentiate between banter and toxicity. So, it's either banter in one channel and no where else, or banter everywhere.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hotdog99 said:

It's definitely deserved.

"There is a no tolerance policy for harassment, insults, and threats to members. This includes, but is not limited to, posting personal information or images of another member without consent. Doing so will result in severe consequence at the staff's discretion."

I don't think saying "fuck off'' to someone constitutes harassment, or an insult. He had no business in that convo.

How much of a hugbox does this need to be? There have been some questionable moderation choices in the past, but we got to that PG12 level where you can't even say fuck anymore?

Edited by AlexV

I would like to mention the person who Muted AlexV was Antioch, and the person who was 'harassed' was Soyaman, and also Soyaman is in Antioch's guild as well having prior RP and I assume a friendly cordial relationship with each other. Not to mention later Soyaman directly called AlexV a baby. I'm not be the biggest fan of AlexV but I would like consistency in Moderation and and Unbais ones as well. If AlexV was such a problem before he should have been warned beforehand. Hell everyone should be warned of any transgression that may lead up to a timeout/mute, because if you don't then they, and RIGHTFULLY SO, will believe such actions are okay with the staff member as well as breaking no rules. But then again this staff team doesn't seem to be much care to anything until it deals with members of their own guild/friends.

• Like 1

Your comment was the drop that made the glass pour over, Alex. It is not about any one action or comment, sometimes things pile up with little recourse until there's too much not to act. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Nostra said:

Your comment was the drop that made the glass pour over, Alex. It is not about any one action or comment, sometimes things pile up with little recourse until there's too much not to act. 

As long as I received no prior warning, this glass seems to be made up, Nostra. You notified me a couple weeks ago about some OOC into IC issues ( though I bet you didn't give Varen any crap when he spammed Monteu with OOC complaints about his IC ''poaching'' of his guild members )

I have reported several people for FAR, FAR WORSE than what I did and I have seen no mutes handed out ( even when I was part of the Staff and was the insulted party ). I can only draw the conclusion that there is bias involved, hence the complaint.

How could I not? I am told by a KEEPER ( who by your official Info cannot moderate ), GUILD LEADER of the alleged ''offended'' that I am being muted and the next moment bam, one week mute. And yet Varen tells me he did the mute. Which means Antioch PMed him and told him to mute me. And Varen did.

Not because he thought it was the right decision, but because Antioch asked.

Laughable.

adb8005a72e52d5903559f4ea6b48c96.png

This shit's way worse than what I said, curious how neither are muted. 

Edited by AlexV
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexV said:

"There is a no tolerance policy for harassment, insults, and threats to members. This includes, but is not limited to, posting personal information or images of another member without consent. Doing so will result in severe consequence at the staff's discretion."

I don't think saying "fuck off'' to someone constitutes harassment, or an insult. He had no business in that convo.

How much of a hugbox does this need to be? There have been some questionable moderation choices in the past, but we got to that PG12 level where you can't even say fuck anymore?

If the rules need to be redefined for a player to understand telling another to go fuck themselves isn't appropriate, then that's another thing that should be advocated here.

Hardly a hugbox. An example of a "hugbox" is saying someone is calling someone stupid for stating totally wrong facts then getting muted for it.

The issue is inconsistency. Plan and simple.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, hotdog99 said:

If the rules need to be redefined for a player to understand telling another to go fuck themselves isn't appropriate

"Fuck off."

Two words. Not " go fuck yourself ", though that one isn't particularly offensive, either.

Wouldn't raise a brow in most countries. Yet here it got me muted instantly ( because they were pointed at Antioch's guildie )

Are we 12?

Edited by AlexV
  • Like 1

I've been muted on 26 August for saying ''fuck off''.

It's 4 September and I'm still muted. So it wasn't one week. It's longer. Even though the Staff told me the mute was an automatic 7 days.

Thoroughly laughable.

Edited by AlexV
  • Like 1

And through your mute you've went on a series of complaints and whines, not to say tantrums about how its a joke, etc. Not a great way to show you've learned your lesson in my opinion. If I could unmute you, but its as if you are asking for an extension.

10 hours ago, Antioch said:

And through your mute you've went on a series of complaints and whines, not to say tantrums about how its a joke, etc. Not a great way to show you've learned your lesson in my opinion. If I could unmute you, but its as if you are asking for an extension.

It's called complaints. About bias. Which you showed, when you muted me but not your guildie, in a direct conflict of interest.

This is a public thread/complaint, nothing more. Tantrum? If you feel like this thread is against the rules tell me what rule it breaks and I'll be happy to work it out with you. :)

Of course I complain, I got muted over 9 days by a Keeper ( who, per the rules, are not moderators ) for saying '' fuck off ".

Laughable all around. Varen's worried people might leave discord/the server, yet I know plenty people who left because of his moderation. This just makes it worse.

Not a great way to show you've learned your lesson in my opinion.

My lesson to what? Not tell someone who called me a retard ''fuck off'' ? Where's your lesson? You lied that the mute was automatic 7 days. This is clearly false. Why are Staff allowed to lie about their so called disciplinary decisions? Why are Keepers, who as per Staff Info are not moderators/Helpers, allowed to intervene in favor of their guild mates?

Edited by AlexV

I'll reply here, for the sake of clarity. I was also tasked with moderating the discord server, but I wasn't assigned the commands yet. So in fact, you were not muted by a Keeper but also a discord moderator. Also for the record, I was given the impression that the command is automatic (as we do use a bot) I had no idea they intended to keep you on mute for a longer time. The "my guildie" is just an excuse by this point and you know it. I've stopped being a player almost entirely at this point and have dedicated a lot of time to providing RP for the -entire- server. So much for the Trodala bias., The Tordala bias that you cried so much about and yet that guild is dead. Your mute wasn't due to a "fuck off" so stop pretending to be the victim here. In case you had trouble reading it the first time I've quoted Nostra's post here for you.

On 8/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, Nostra said:

50 minutes ago, Antioch said:

I'll reply here, for the sake of clarity. I was also tasked with moderating the discord server, but I wasn't assigned the commands yet. So in fact, you were not muted by a Keeper but also a discord moderator. Also for the record, I was given the impression that the command is automatic (as we do use a bot) I had no idea they intended to keep you on mute for a longer time. The "my guildie" is just an excuse by this point and you know it. I've stopped being a player almost entirely at this point and have dedicated a lot of time to providing RP for the -entire- server. So much for the Trodala bias., The Tordala bias that you cried so much about and yet that guild is dead. Your mute wasn't due to a "fuck off" so stop pretending to be the victim here. In case you had trouble reading it the first time I've quoted Nostra's post here for you.

I have received no prior warnings for my supposed behavior so pardon me if I think 

Your comment was the drop that made the glass pour over, Alex. 

Is a load of crap. You don't just mute people and tell them " You were bad before!! " without previously telling them when they were bad or giving them a warning.

So much for the Trodala bias

Someone from Tordala calls me a retard and doesn't get punished, I tell him to fuck off and I'm muted 10 days. What else should I call it? It is what it is.

05b2e62ef23c064e63d9e749885ecc4f.png

Edited by AlexV

1 hour ago, Antioch said:

Are we looking at the same sceens? Because I see "lying prick"

To my knowledge you WERE handed out prior warnings before. But I didn't hand them out so I can't comment on that fully. The reasoning stands, straw that broke the camel's back.

8 hours ago, Antioch said:

To my knowledge you WERE handed out prior warnings before. But I didn't hand them out so I can't comment on that fully. The reasoning stands, straw that broke the camel's back.

You can't use that as an argument when there are no warnings being given.

I have received -one- during my entire stay here, 4-5 months. Straw that broke the camel's back is an excuse that is not based on reality and fact.

Edited by AlexV
  • Like 1