Sign in to follow this  
Antioch

[Feedback] Transparency and Public Disclosure

In an attempt to start resolving issues cropping up within the server population about a large number of things, I am creating this thread as a public forum of discussion for players to bring up issues and seek for answers how they were handled. You suspect something hasn't been done correctly? Have an issue you wish to bring up? Post it here. To clarify, this is -NOT- a feedback gathering thread. There is a different thread for that. This is for public questions you believe are ignored, unanswered or are kept to a close group: Example - How does the death system work? Why was there a retcon of X event? And so forth. I believe improving communications will be the first step in all of us enjoying being on the server a lot more.

I will be heavily moderating this thread myself: Be respectful, concise and commonsensical about your points. The more convoluted the question the more difficult the answer will be.

[Disclaimer] This thread is not endorsed by the staff team as a whole. It is a part of my own personal effort to start bringing the community back together. Issues that I can personally address I will, for matters that I am not involved with it is up to the other members of the Staff team to decide if they will partake or not.

• Like 1

Honestly the main issue that needs to be addressed is staff hiring. Literally most of the feedback goes back to staff hiring and the lack of ability to do things. People have already criticized the lack of plots going on in places, for example it seems Menhris has the main plot going on. The only plot that was going on Opej was Fzhuzhem but that eventually came to a quick close due to Vykax OOC schedule (Which I understand). 

This brings me to another point on staff hiring. There seems to be a severe lack of Keepers/active staff to help keep things flowing. Random encounters and roleplay are great but it's slowed down heavily and more staff need to be hired on both EU and US timezones. The issue with this is the selective nature of higher staff when choosing people. According to Varen they won't hire people that suit -their- image of the server even though they are perfectly qualified for it? This starts to make the staff look quite shady in how they do things, selectively hiring who they please. In Varens own words he said he had a list of people he wants to hire, to the public that seems like he wants to hire his friends and therefore they get priority over other people who have just as much qualifications?

Echoes of Legacy start to come back here, where higher staff make decisions that look quite sketchy, especially when it comes to hiring certain individuals and accepting feedback. When I see a number of critiques and criticisms, it's struck off as whining or complaining, to the point where some staff feel as if they're being targeted or bullied. This leads me to believe that some members of staff simply cannot accept the criticism required to be taken for their role, and something needs to be done about it.

Staff handling and communication is also a major problem. We've had events retconned or potential plots dismissed oocly because there's such a lack of logging done by higher staff to the point where it becomes motivation breaking. It shouldn't get to the point where players don't want to pursue anything over fear of stuff being retconned due to staffs ooc miscommunication. This frustrates many because it seems the storylines that members of staff are closely tied with seem to have barely any issues (save for one recent issue which was due to an event not being logged after a long hour dungeon crawling spree due to IRL fatigue). 

These issues are where accusations of nepotism and such come from. The fact that general players have issues getting events or getting stuff done, and retcons due to failed logs, but then people with staff chars seem to be hunky dorey with getting stuff done? Even so, I feel like there's an issue with staff failing to step away from major plots or moderate themselves in RP scenarios. Yes, everyone is allowed to have fun, but when we see staff characters having close ties with story lines that they OOCly know lore of, it raises eyebrows. In short; Don't complain about nepotism accusations when you closely affiliate your character with story line plots like that. There's a reason staff on Legacy stepped away from shit like this when they were hired. 

We've been in familiar waters before on Legacy, and we'd rather not have it get to the point where staff have a meltdown and fuck us all. The frustrating fact is that a good deal of these issues -HAVE- been raised before and been dismissed, but now they're being addressed when plenty of damage has already been done.

• Like 4

Honestly the main issue that needs to be addressed is staff hiring. Literally most of the feedback goes back to staff hiring and the lack of ability to do things. People have already criticized the lack of plots going on in places, for example it seems Menhris has the main plot going on. The only plot that was going on Opej was Fzhuzhem but that eventually came to a quick close due to Vykax OOC schedule (Which I understand). 

This brings me to another point on staff hiring. There seems to be a severe lack of Keepers/active staff to help keep things flowing. Random encounters and roleplay are great but it's slowed down heavily and more staff need to be hired on both EU and US timezones. The issue with this is the selective nature of higher staff when choosing people. According to Varen they won't hire people that suit -their- image of the server even though they are perfectly qualified for it? This starts to make the staff look quite shady in how they do things, selectively hiring who they please. In Varens own words he said he had a list of people he wants to hire, to the public that seems like he wants to hire his friends and therefore they get priority over other people who have just as much qualifications?

How we hire people: Every time an application is posted, we make a temporary staff channel to discuss it. The thread is linked, and we talk with the entire staff point per point on who this person is, what would it contribute, or which problems could they bring. We look into what they've been saying and doing in game and in discord. After the initial discussion is solved and if we don't find something that'd outright deny it (Has yet to happen, fyi), we make a new channel in discord with staff and this person. We proceed to interview them, ask questions, and keep speaking back and forth with them. 
Eventually we make a decision, and said decision is communicated to the applicant.

Nowhere in that "Varen's personal list" comes into factor. It is true I have a list of people I want to hire, because I look at the server, the community, and I see some people who shine through. They're not my friends, or family, just people I look at and see "Damn they're good at RP and they are cool to be around". There're no "Limited slots to fill" on staff where "Priority" would apply.. They know who they are because I went up to them and said "hey, why don't you apply? You'd probably do good". The process would be the same. The interview, the whole staff discussion. It's not up to just me.

We haven't refused anyone who was "perfectly qualified" for the job. Being "perfectly qualified" includes but is not limited to: Providing quality roleplay, following the server actively, being able to work with the staff we have, not being prone to punishment in game or on discord, having the ability of handling the requirements of the position at hand (tickets for helpers, etcetera).

Echoes of Legacy start to come back here, where higher staff make decisions that look quite sketchy, especially when it comes to hiring certain individuals and accepting feedback. When I see a number of critiques and criticisms, it's struck off as whining or complaining, to the point where some staff feel as if they're being targeted or bullied. This leads me to believe that some members of staff simply cannot accept the criticism required to be taken for their role, and something needs to be done about it.

So far, we've had very little in terms of feedback on these forums. Memes on discord and jokes, surely, we've had a lot of those. 
When it comes to proper, structured feedback, we've had ones related to systems and the RPG, and ones that weren't suited for public complaints. The first were / are being considered, the latter were all answered so far. We had cases of a few that went in public that were then moved in private, and answered there, due to wild inaccuracies of claims / claims repeated that were already answered, whose answer was ignored and put in public for.. Nothing more than having to repeat the very same answers, but this time, by publicising the roleplay around it for everyone to know.

Staff handling and communication is also a major problem. We've had events retconned or potential plots dismissed oocly because there's such a lack of logging done by higher staff to the point where it becomes motivation breaking. It shouldn't get to the point where players don't want to pursue anything over fear of stuff being retconned due to staffs ooc miscommunication. This frustrates many because it seems the storylines that members of staff are closely tied with seem to have barely any issues (save for one recent issue which was due to an event not being logged after a long hour dungeon crawling spree due to IRL fatigue). 

We had two such cases:
-The Gyreworm
-The demon cave
Both times this was done by staff who had just started work as a Keeper and had not inquired for the state of the world, or did not have access to the lore required to properly portray those terms due to, pretty much, not having been given the right rank on the forums.
The missing logging you're speaking of was related to the event having ended a mere few hours before, and the DM going to sleep immediately after. Had the DM at hand been keeping up with the story, they'd know to refeer to said person before touching that area. Again, new people, growing pains of learning to work together.

These issues are where accusations of nepotism and such come from. The fact that general players have issues getting events or getting stuff done, and retcons due to failed logs, but then people with staff chars seem to be hunky dorey with getting stuff done? Even so, I feel like there's an issue with staff failing to step away from major plots or moderate themselves in RP scenarios. Yes, everyone is allowed to have fun, but when we see staff characters having close ties with story lines that they OOCly know lore of, it raises eyebrows. In short; Don't complain about nepotism accusations when you closely affiliate your character with story line plots like that. There's a reason staff on Legacy stepped away from shit like this when they were hired. 
We've been in familiar waters before on Legacy, and we'd rather not have it get to the point where staff have a meltdown and fuck us all. The frustrating fact is that a good deal of these issues -HAVE- been raised before and been dismissed, but now they're being addressed when plenty of damage has already been done.

I can answer the bit that involves my experience:
My character has repeatedly lost more and more, to the point where all they have is themselves, some resources, and another person around.
A character that was involved naturally through RP, and the fact the guild master of the guild I joined to -just make some mystic stuff with- left things on my lap to handle.
Now I don't seek out that roleplay, but if it happens, it happens, and I won't be pushing my character away from it "OOCly" to avoid it. I'll stop being involved with the staff section of it, and leave it to others to handle.

Other staff members can speak for themselves, but I believe that there's not a single one of them who would touch a story they're involved with unless it's absolutely necessary to do so, and if they do, there's the rest of the staff to keep an eye on them. And this is one of the things I look for, when hiring people. Being able to be objective in such matters.

• Like 2

- CENSORSHIP BY ANTIOCH -

Onto the main points though:

#1 You mention the Gyreworm and demon cave (focusing more on the former than the latter here as the demon cave is a diff kettle of fish) why is it that the staff involved in these cases were not allowed to view the event logs relevant to them? How exactly are newly-promoted Keepers able to do anything if they cannot review the area they are looking to do an event? Interestingly in the case of the former not only is the Gyreworm lore-wise a creature from Deepholme (something you contradicted both ICly and OOCly, not so bothered about the former but the latter just shows ignorance of lore) but also this event was discussed quite a while ago and there not only was no mention from the GM in question (understandable given you don't seem to allow them full lore access?) but also this event was apparently not logged properly otherwise you should have been able to review it and flag up the fact that this GM had mistakenly yet correctly labelled the Gyreworm as being a creature of the elements.

Now you may be thinking i'm blowing this drastically out of proportion, and in any other given circumstance you would be right, however we were looking to revive this creature (a quest given to us by a GM) and the fact that it went from a creature of the Elemental plane to a construct of Highborn creation (correct me if i'm wrong here, reading the conversation logs we had) -just- as we were turning up to investigate the creature's lair smacks of suspicion... especially given that our guild looking to do such has no grasp of Highborn magics yet has a number of shaman in it, this lore 180 pretty much puts us in a position where we are forced to negotiate with another guild from a weak standpoint. 

#2 We clearly have drastically different ideas of what constitutes a good member of staff on the basis of the following:

We haven't refused anyone who was "perfectly qualified" for the job. Being "perfectly qualified" includes but is not limited to: Providing quality roleplay, following the server actively, being able to work with the staff we have, not being prone to punishment in game or on discord, having the ability of handling the requirements of the position at hand (tickets for helpers, etcetera).

(I get the 'not limited' to bit here provides you with a comeback but lets deal with what you've provided for now)

I'll use myself as an example here and i'm going to try to be modest here and state things from a factual point of view:

Providing good quality roleplay: I have (had) a total of 5 characters on US consisting of Baron West (Hunter), Hobo (Hobo), Grettik (Archaeologist), Dascombe (Kul'Tiran) and Gruk (Orc Pyremaster)

Out of those five, there is one in which I didn't really RP with many people and that is my namesake 'Dascombe' (though I RP'd with Cudn quite a bit on him), I'm sure quite a few people would vouch for that fact that on each one of these I have been participating in quite a few plots to the servers and taking steps back on frequent occasions in order to allow other players to participate in a number of facets. Nothing I hate more than IC 'spotlight' hoggers and people standing by as voiceless guards in meetings (tried to avoid that where humanly possible)

So i've provided quality roleplay. I think we can both agree that I followed the server actively as I post frequently on discord, I am one of the rare creatures known as 'forum users' and I have quite an active in-game presence. 

Working with the staff you have? Am curious as to how this is a basis for an application considering to 'work' with the staff you have you must surely already be a member of staff within that team? I would appreciate some further elaboration on this point as it seems rather circular in it's logic. (Observation, not a criticism)

Not being prone to punishment in-game or on discord. I'm sure in this circumstance I have been handed a total of 1 (one) discord mutes and well, it is strange as on the basis of it many others should also have (continuing after being told to 'stop') i've had no in-game bans, no kicks off discord, no other warnings formal or informal. It appears to, rather strangely, be on the basis of past behavior on other servers which, considering who we actually have playing on the server, sounds a bit odd especially considering you did not want people talking about past members of previous servers in a negative light you are more than happy to do so when it comes to an application process?

Regardless I have moved on since then and acknowledge the points (odd that they are) levied against me.

#3 The "I won't do anything to my characters to avoid OOC issues" circumstance.

This is odd, you claim to have read my 'goodbye' thread where I provided numerous suggestions / ways around this and yet here you are standing firm and defiant in the fact of mounting and snowballing criticisms which, as the days go by, seem more and more valid the stronger it's opposition grows.

But seeing as how you seem to be ignoring such remarks, i'll paste them here for you:

"Might this be misconstrued in anyway?" "Can stepping back here resolve a lot of problems later down the line?"

You stand firmly in this camp of 'my character would never do this ICly' for the sake of preserving IC against OOC which, admittedly seems quite a noble goal but I put to you the following:

Have  you thought about these issues and simply thought "I can pull this 'my character wouldn't back out from this ICly' excuse later down the line and continue down this path"? Because looking into it that certainly appears to be the case.

Honestly you are making out like it is something incredibly different but we do it all the time:

• People flock to certain areas to get interaction even though their characters are ICly recluses
  • Guards flock to the defence of their guild master's who have cried for help in chat using the "(S)He was taking too long" excuse
  • Players will swarm to rumors which is, ultimately, an OOC mechanic in order to get the latest event 'gossip'

It is nothing out of the ordinary to use OOC to influence a character ICly, so what is there to stop staff members from doing the same?

For example if I became staff I would either not do events for Grom'Goshar in their entirety (going so far as to not interact with the members completely on a GM account) or I would revoke Gruk's position as an officer in that guild (Easy: "I need time to meditate and commune with the elements"). In this same example I would also take a few minutes to look at events I DM and think

"Might this some how trace itself's back to the guild in which I am an officer? Does this offer that guild any benefits directly or indirectly?"

- MORE CENSORSHIP BY ANTIOCH-

PS: Sorry to hear about Eamane and the guild thing, honestly I tried to intervene on Grettik to get you some IC work that your character archtype would have enjoyed but was waiting for quite a while regarding the ruins acquisition. There's only so much work an explorer can give when everywhere has been explored in-game :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McDankus said:

I personally see your point, but at the same time it's not nepotism related. It might seem like it, and I for one know the feeling of how it is to be shafted for staff help when you see other guilds and group advance, but I think that it boils down to US being a relatively small server in general. There's a lot of overlap that can happen, and I don't think it's fair to say "if you are staff you can't have a player character".

It's because the server is small that there's only so much one can do without overlapping their own characters into the mix. Do I like Tordala being on the top of the RP food chain? Of course not, but they've been here longer so they have had more time to build up as well as more time to gather XP. I don't think this is a nepotism issue but it's something related to other players in general and cliques that bring OOC into IC far too often. No Guild in the history of WoW RP is immune to this, all we can do is strive to be better and not shit our pants.

8 hours ago, McDankus said:

Caid answered this question more or less but this is a progressive server. The people who have been here the longest and only have one goal are going to be the most progressed. It really is that simple. If you have questions about how Menhirs got to where it is, I would be more than happy to answer them as I (as a player) made most of that possible. Staff hiring I agree on, however, one thing to note is that it is not a position given lightly. With great power comes great responsibility, and I understand the team for questioning people's ability to handle said responsibility. 

8 hours ago, McDankus said:

I believe what Varen meant can be explained in my ^ post up there. Perfectly qualified in this case is about keeping a level head when things get rough and having the patience to hear everyone out. My own two cents.

One thing to note is that being stuck in the past will accomplish us nothing. Why don't we look to improve the future instead? Dragging old complaints, old things done, yeah it can be done to make a point. But we're all human, we all make mistakes. Live and let live. As can be seen from the threads I am posting I am trying hard to get that "concerns being dismissed as crying etc" factor removed, so we can all sit down and have a nice conversation about the things that bother us. I don't think bringing it up again will be constructive.

I am not here to point fingers or blame, but there are two factors in the case you pointed out. The first being that it wasn't due to an unlogged event, it was due to a lore secret. Only certain members of the staff are privy to certain information, such as the nature and Origin of the core and so on. Could it have been better explained? Yes. Should there be more lore available for keepers so they can run content? Yes and I am working on that. Should the Keeper in question have asked said loremasters before running the event it is alright? Also yes. When I became staff I did nothing for a few days other than get informed on stuff and go through old logs because I wanted to avoid exactly something like that. There's two sides to every coin and story. This one is no different. 

Caid answered this concern pretty well. Legacy used to have up to 200 players at a time online at peak hours. Its older incarnations at least 50. We have half of that at the best of times. Its also demotivating to lay out a story for everyone else why you stick to the sidelines. I for one have not seen a single staff character that has been overtuned, overpowered or overdone. If anything, other players have taken the spotlight numerous times, which is how things should be. If you have examples of what you are saying, I would be glad to hear it. Be concrete and give names and examples and I would happily go over them. Otherwise it's hearsay. 

4 hours ago, Varen said:

How we hire people: Every time an application is posted, we make a temporary staff channel to discuss it. The thread is linked, and we talk with the entire staff point per point on who this person is, what would it contribute, or which problems could they bring. We look into what they've been saying and doing in game and in discord. After the initial discussion is solved and if we don't find something that'd outright deny it (Has yet to happen, fyi), we make a new channel in discord with staff and this person. We proceed to interview them, ask questions, and keep speaking back and forth with them. 
Eventually we make a decision, and said decision is communicated to the applicant.

I think people skimmed over this part of Varen's reply so I will just put it out there again. 

4 hours ago, Varen said:

Nowhere in that "Varen's personal list" comes into factor. It is true I have a list of people I want to hire, because I look at the server, the community, and I see some people who shine through. They're not my friends, or family, just people I look at and see "Damn they're good at RP and they are cool to be around". There're no "Limited slots to fill" on staff where "Priority" would apply.. They know who they are because I went up to them and said "hey, why don't you apply? You'd probably do good". The process would be the same. The interview, the whole staff discussion. It's not up to just me.

So far, we've had very little in terms of feedback on these forums. Memes on discord and jokes, surely, we've had a lot of those. 
When it comes to proper, structured feedback, we've had ones related to systems and the RPG, and ones that weren't suited for public complaints. The first were / are being considered, the latter were all answered so far. We had cases of a few that went in public that were then moved in private, and answered there, due to wild inaccuracies of claims / claims repeated that were already answered, whose answer was ignored and put in public for.. Nothing more than having to repeat the very same answers, but this time, by publicising the roleplay around it for everyone to know.

We had two such cases:
-The Gyreworm
-The demon cave
Both times this was done by staff who had just started work as a Keeper and had not inquired for the state of the world, or did not have access to the lore required to properly portray those terms due to, pretty much, not having been given the right rank on the forums.
The missing logging you're speaking of was related to the event having ended a mere few hours before, and the DM going to sleep immediately after. Had the DM at hand been keeping up with the story, they'd know to refeer to said person before touching that area. Again, new people, growing pains of learning to work together.

I can answer the bit that involves my experience:
My character has repeatedly lost more and more, to the point where all they have is themselves, some resources, and another person around.
A character that was involved naturally through RP, and the fact the guild master of the guild I joined to -just make some mystic stuff with- left things on my lap to handle.
Now I don't seek out that roleplay, but if it happens, it happens, and I won't be pushing my character away from it "OOCly" to avoid it. I'll stop being involved with the staff section of it, and leave it to others to handle.

Other staff members can speak for themselves, but I believe that there's not a single one of them who would touch a story they're involved with unless it's absolutely necessary to do so, and if they do, there's the rest of the staff to keep an eye on them. And this is one of the things I look for, when hiring people. Being able to be objective in such matters.

2 hours ago, Dascombe said:

- CENSORSHIP BY ANTIOCH -

Onto the main points though:

#1 You mention the Gyreworm and demon cave (focusing more on the former than the latter here as the demon cave is a diff kettle of fish) why is it that the staff involved in these cases were not allowed to view the event logs relevant to them?

They were. They didn't bother to do so. The log for the cave was non-existant because the event was stupidly log and draining and it would be sadistic to ask the DM to LOG it after having evented for over 5 hours.

How exactly are newly-promoted Keepers able to do anything if they cannot review the area they are looking to do an event? Interestingly in the case of the former not only is the Gyreworm lore-wise a creature from Deepholme (something you contradicted both ICly and OOCly, not so bothered about the former but the latter just shows ignorance of lore) but also this event was discussed quite a while ago and there not only was no mention from the GM in question (understandable given you don't seem to allow them full lore access?) but also this event was apparently not logged properly otherwise you should have been able to review it and flag up the fact that this GM had mistakenly yet correctly labelled the Gyreworm as being a creature of the elements.

I am proposing and working on a quick update system, less tedious than full logs that will allow all of the staff to see updates real-time of what was done in the game to prevent things like this from happening again. Once more: Past is the past, lets improve the present. 

Now you may be thinking i'm blowing this drastically out of proportion, and in any other given circumstance you would be right, however we were looking to revive this creature (a quest given to us by a GM) and the fact that it went from a creature of the Elemental plane to a construct of Highborn creation (correct me if i'm wrong here, reading the conversation logs we had) -just- as we were turning up to investigate the creature's lair smacks of suspicion... especially given that our guild looking to do such has no grasp of Highborn magics yet has a number of shaman in it, this lore 180 pretty much puts us in a position where we are forced to negotiate with another guild from a weak standpoint. 

The Gyreworm was a part of the Original server lore. Before a single player stepped foot on the server. It was in the alpha, and it was always intended to be what it is. This misscomunnication was due to ...well, lack of communication. The keeper had no way to immediately know the truth and he didn't ask and wait for a reply (which I know can be tedious when you want to make content for players)

#2 We clearly have drastically different ideas of what constitutes a good member of staff on the basis of the following:

(I get the 'not limited' to bit here provides you with a comeback but lets deal with what you've provided for now)

I'll use myself as an example here and i'm going to try to be modest here and state things from a factual point of view:

Providing good quality roleplay: I have (had) a total of 5 characters on US consisting of Baron West (Hunter), Hobo (Hobo), Grettik (Archaeologist), Dascombe (Kul'Tiran) and Gruk (Orc Pyremaster)

Out of those five, there is one in which I didn't really RP with many people and that is my namesake 'Dascombe' (though I RP'd with Cudn quite a bit on him), I'm sure quite a few people would vouch for that fact that on each one of these I have been participating in quite a few plots to the servers and taking steps back on frequent occasions in order to allow other players to participate in a number of facets. Nothing I hate more than IC 'spotlight' hoggers and people standing by as voiceless guards in meetings (tried to avoid that where humanly possible)

So i've provided quality roleplay. I think we can both agree that I followed the server actively as I post frequently on discord, I am one of the rare creatures known as 'forum users' and I have quite an active in-game presence. 

Working with the staff you have? Am curious as to how this is a basis for an application considering to 'work' with the staff you have you must surely already be a member of staff within that team? I would appreciate some further elaboration on this point as it seems rather circular in it's logic. (Observation, not a criticism)

Not being prone to punishment in-game or on discord. I'm sure in this circumstance I have been handed a total of 1 (one) discord mutes and well, it is strange as on the basis of it many others should also have (continuing after being told to 'stop') i've had no in-game bans, no kicks off discord, no other warnings formal or informal. It appears to, rather strangely, be on the basis of past behavior on other servers which, considering who we actually have playing on the server, sounds a bit odd especially considering you did not want people talking about past members of previous servers in a negative light you are more than happy to do so when it comes to an application process?

Regardless I have moved on since then and acknowledge the points (odd that they are) levied against me.

Personally I liked your proposals when I read them and I thought the server could benefit from it. I know we've had our differences but I've always talked about you as someone who is great at creating his own content and gettings things going. I was really frustrated when you left because you were one of the few players left remaining who had done so. I can not give an answer to this as I was not staff at a time, but I personally disagree with what has been decided. I believe the main issue is "attitude problems", and I will refer to my ^ post about staff being cautious about whom they allow to have power in the game. Just my take on the matter.

2 hours ago, Dascombe said:

For example if I became staff I would either not do events for Grom'Goshar in their entirety (going so far as to not interact with the members completely on a GM account) or I would revoke Gruk's position as an officer in that guild (Easy: "I need time to meditate and commune with the elements"). In this same example I would also take a few minutes to look at events I DM and think

"Might this some how trace itself's back to the guild in which I am an officer? Does this offer that guild any benefits directly or indirectly?"

- MORE CENSORSHIP BY ANTIOCH-

PS: Sorry to hear about Eamane and the guild thing, honestly I tried to intervene on Grettik to get you some IC work that your character archtype would have enjoyed but was waiting for quite a while regarding the ruins acquisition. There's only so much work an explorer can give when everywhere has been explored in-game :(

• Like 2

It is unacceptable that XP is hidden from players when it was once public. There's no reason to hide it unless people are getting XP added by GMs that they shouldn't have. The staff has been VERY defensive about this and gave crappy reasons for it which to me is suspicious.

Moderation is a joke. Worst I've ever seen on any server, and I played on Project Chaos where a feminist was admin.

Varen has banned over 4 people for shit reasons. Those people talk. They spread their negative opinions around and soon enough half the people I knew from Legacy don't want to play here. Furthermore, I have been muted for 2 weeks for saying '' fuck off '' to a person that was in the guild of the person who muted me. Bias and stupidity.

I wouldn't have been muted for ''fuck off'' on any server worth a damn.

Furthermore, I have never had a positive interaction with Nostra. I really don't understand why he's Council, every issue I've reported has been met with some passive aggressive sarcastic retort like " Well I'm sorry you think so " when reporting legitimate issues. I've once waited hours for him to DM a 15 minute encounter and a few weeks ago he literally told me I can't use an IC artifact I have in my bags because " It would be impossible to transfer " even though I had it. I really don't see what his role here is, he seems far more preoccupied playing Oswald. At least Varen programs and Mers/Vrahn do the RPG system, Vehk just seems to be dead weight. 

Oh, he also made my mute permanent for ''past transgressions'' even though I have received no warning about those. So basically he's useless and biased, too. I hear he pays the bills but as seen with Wake/Dunril that's a very poor reason to give someone power.

RPG system

It's balanced by someone ( let's not kid ourselves, Mers has veto over everything, he outright deleted suggestions without any explanation ) that apparently hates ranged classes and offensive magic. Not only is it pretty much impossible to have a competitive caster build that makes IC sense ( what are you going to damage with as a Priest, Divine Sheer? ), but he has this philosophy that melee should do more damage than casters. No one would play mages on Retail if melee DPS were better. Furthermore, the existence of spells like Battle Cry, Obliterate, Burgeoning Rage puts Phys DPS far ahead of Caster DPS, that have no such tools. You see Mages buff people instead of casting Fireballs, because buffing melees is better than doing magic damage since magic damage sucks.

It's unfun, it doesn't respect class fantasy, it makes me not want to play.

Fatigue system

The new Fatigue is bonkers trash and I have told Vrahn several times that it breaks the game. You get fatigue when you take damage, a LOT of it, and it reduces your damage/healing. This automatically makes DoT builds horrible since the one that bursts you not only does direct damage but he also stacks Fatigue on you, making you deal less damage and healing.

The even WORSE part is that builds that self heal like Shadow Priest are damaged by this even more, since not only do they cause less fatigue damage ( because of DoTs and there being no good Unholy nuke ) but the fatigue also makes them damage and HEAL less, making spells like Siphon and Dplague twice as bad as direct damage spells.

Edited by AlexV