Sign in to follow this  
hotdog99

[INTEREST CHECK] Dwarfhome or Communist-like Goblins

I have a fondness for the normal-sized races. Given the inherent nature of most of the guilds currently in existence and IC events, you're either siding with the Horde or Alliance. There's little room for "neutrality" outside of Silver-Eye. I have two concepts in mind:

Dwarves

A neutral settlement (name still pending) specifically built by dwarves into the side of one of the mountains on Opej. It has the intent to utilize a carpus and/or world edit to expand itself in the future. Given its location and intended design, it will serve a safe hub for any merchants. Government will strictly be maintained by the founding dwarves until 1) Dwarven clans are developed, or 2) Another IC event that would see that concept undone.

or

Goblins

A group of goblins originating from Silver-Eye with the sole intent to capitalize on IC events to push a communistic agenda. As with real life communism, the concept is rife with corruption, despite its intended facade. Group will be called the Democratic Denizens of (the?) Doldrums. The goblins (and any other races that come aboard) will be situated mostly in Opej until IC events push them towards other isles.

Edited by hotdog99

Goblins wouldn't really take to communism, no matter how you portrayed it. Goblins are highly competitive and are constantly trying to outdo one another. Poor as shit? Well my shanty shack has four walls and yours only has three. My roof only has three leaks in it, yours has four and a half. Rich as balls? My bathtub full of gold has has little ornamental feet on it, yours does not. I'm taller than you in my oil painting of myself. They wouldn't take to being paid the same as others for the same (apparent) work.

The dwarf thing looks cool though. I like the idea of using a carpus to enter a cool dwarf interior too. It'd take a dick load of productivity and probably a significant requirement as far as the participants' prospector skill, but I like it and could see it being a favored hangout for IC shenanigans.

• Like 1

I'm 99% there are good wmos of dwarven houses and fortresses that we can edit into the world. You'd have to pay through the dick though. 

47 minutes ago, Nostra said:

I'm 99% there are good wmos of dwarven houses and fortresses that we can edit into the world. You'd have to pay through the dick though. 

Happily willing to. Slightly broad question, but what's an average cost we can expect to pay for a wmo of that nature?

6 hours ago, hotdog99 said:

Happily willing to. Slightly broad question, but what's an average cost we can expect to pay for a wmo of that nature?

Not sure if this is a useful reference point for a stone Dwarven construction, but this is one example of a quoted cost for a fairly simple wooden structure which should give you a good indication of the elevated costs for worldedited stuff:

c25ad69db29b1e2f9881a860f373bef4.png

Wooden Barracks - 2000 rugged timber, 500 hardwood, 200 natural glue, 150 glass, 100 simple metal, 400 Prod

(info received from Vrahn)

• Like 1

Given that dwarven structures are predominantly made of the stone they are carved from I think it'd be safe to assume that your largest resource would be stone, seeing as its not enough to carve it, you still have to use that stone in other applications there. Then there would be the wood needed to craft replacement tools and the metal for it as well for the various other things around. And a mountain of prod. I don't think it's impossible, but it'll be a bitch. Expect to pay at least triple that of the barracks house above, but likely in a different configuration as far as the resources would go.