Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Mystic variety

I have just thought about this: I know it would be a lot of extra work (possibly even a whole revamp), but maybe Mystic could later on be "specialized" based on classes? Make it specific to caster classes? (Would make lore sense idk)

I say this because this just struck me today: no matter how mystic both of them are, a warlock or mage isn't going to make a rune or potion the same way a shaman/druid does: their principles vary greatly.

• Like 1

I don't speak with any authority, but I feel safe in saying this just isn't feasible. While it's INTERESTING and actually would put a unique spin on it, there are some glaring issues.

1: The population is so tiny that we can't really have mystic be split between 5 different specs.

2: Many non-casters have probably dabbled into mystic already.

• Like 1

Ah, the ruthless reality. 

Well, I was so enthralled by the idea that I  did not stop to think of the population. But I did not think of it being… 5 different specs. Rather, two only (At least for now). One that gives pure benefit but they're lower and one that gives good benefit but also high risk or side-effects (For example Order VS Disorder kind of thing), since it offers a bit of a twist.

Anyways, even if it does not come into being, at least the idea is there. 😆

• Like 1

I'd be really interested in more variety. I had the idea to make an apothecary character, but the potions available never struck me as something a morally questionable dead fellow would desire to make. The addition of throwing potions and potions with bizarre and unlikely effects would be nice. I want to make a potion that makes someone projectile vomit poisonous spiders at their enemy, god damn it!

• Like 2