Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Maliki Haluz'Ehk's Death

Heya guys,

((Sorry for this rant, I am upset with Ehk’s death… And in true Maliki fashion I have decided to have a drink… Sorry if this gets a little emotional.))

Let me just start off with saying I am cool with player death. It is a part of RP, and should 100% occur. I just always feel, that if you are going to kill another person's character, there should always be justified, warranted reason to do so. After all, we invest a whole lot of time into these characters, and one would hope, that the time invested into these characters has some kinda effect on the world that we're building together.

So... For example, I feel one shouldn't be killed for simple conflict RP.

Today Maliki Haluz’Ehk, a trol... a being that ((I feel)) has contributed a whole lot to the welfare of the Doldrums was slaughtered for having conflict with a person that he had spent many hours ICly with in the Doldrums, and considered his friend.. For trying to claim their fox, ((Which he didn’t take, and was in the process of walking away from said argument after he had clearly made his point, when he was assaulted, didn’t fight back, and eventually killed.))

Nonetheless, I’m not here to get my character back. Just to raise awareness.. Guys! This is a RP server first, stop being so trigger happy! Like really, I feel this community is one of the best WoW RP communities that I have encountered ((And I have been on many…)) Let’s keep it that way! Like really, I feel this server is onto something… Keep it going.

RP first!

Beautiful DnD rolling like mechanics second.

Keep well friends, I hope that I will meet you all again down the road, maybe even return.

Greg x

I didn't see the whole thing personally, only some logs. There's just two things I wanna throw out there.

1. Yes, the situation could have been handled differently. Players could have just given Ehk grave wounds and a warning that if he ever shows his face again, they will kill him. I think that would have been the appraoch I would have made in that situation. No need to murder a dog for just barking too loud and snapping at you when you get too close.

2. I still feel the death is reasonable. Ehk was a character that had, over several months, shown a lot of aggression and unruly behaviour. On top of that, I've seen him throw death threats at other people rather frequently. It was only a matter of time until he would bark and snarl at the wrong person. Our community and our server is based around player agency. It is up to the players, for the most part, here to hand out justice and retribution. If a character is so antagonizing over such a long time, it is understandable when some people at some point don't want to take his shit anymore and decide to get rid of him... permanently.

Farewell, Ehk. Hopefully we'll see you again on another character.

Ehk pushed too far with his treehugging. From my small amount of interaction with him on my Orc, he very clearly made threats to me and the other Orcs when we were hunting animals and claimed that the lands were his. We just shook it off as Ehk being deranged but I guess some people took it too far.

Hope to see you on another character soon!

My dude, you've been playing with fire since a long time ago. I've seen you attack people from other guilds, throw death threats around, try to order Dragor's orcs. I grave wounded you once to try and show you that it will eventually get you killed, but you didn't take the hint. You've had a lot of chances. 

Just so you know, from one player to another. I was not happy with the death either. It was, well, rather pathetic and did not offer any real RP, compared to his life. He may have deserved it in the end, sure, but his absolute unwillingness to fight cheapened anything of it for me.

However, I'm doing my absolute best to keep IC and OOC separate with this character. I'm sorry that my character did nothing to stop it, but just like Royce was in no IC condition to fight, let alone stop it, she was not in the mental state of mind to do so either. Ehk became the unjustified outlet for all her anger and frustration at many other characters. She saw this troll, she barely knew, other then what other people told her. He came into her home and made threats. When asked to leave, he insulted her and one of her friends. She snapped. I'm not defending her actions, they were immoral in my eyes. 

Just thought, since there was no major OOC dramafest around Ehk's death, I would let you know my thoughts on it as a player and why my character did what she did. At least a brief summary, anyways. I have no problem wounding a character. Killing one, I'm not willing to do unless there is no reason or way my character can stop it. As shitty as the death was, it was one of those situations. Someone else handled it, and that was out of my hands to stop IC.

@Caid Heh, I dunno maybe Ehk was deranged. Followers of Kimbul are meant to suffer from a curse that causes ‘unending torment’. I’m sorry if I didn’t RP that well enough for people, but I gave it a shot! As I said maybe I will come back someday, just need a good few months break.

@AlexV Ehk was Ehk, I wasn’t gonna change him, thanks for trying though. I genuinely had a lot of fun RP'n with Silas.

@Elle I dunno… I still really feel that the reasoning behind killing Maliki was…. Weak sauce. Like, for Lanela to suddenly come out as the judge, jury and execution type character was lame… I doubt Lanela had even heard of Maliki ICly beforehand… I had definitely had even less interactions with his character than with yours. But, his IC claims for killing Maliki, were definitely incorrect. So, what Lanela’s purposes were for killing Maliki were, I would genuinely find interesting to hear. As of right now, all I got from that RP was that his toon is a murderhobo.

Also Maliki only insulted people on that day after fireballs were being conjured up, and was in the process of walking away when Elle blasted him with magic… So I’m still not happy with that reasoning. Elle, maybe didn’t know Ehk that well, but she had witnessed him interacting with her friends on multiple occasions, supplying Mel with a lot of hardwood for building the sanctuary etc. So, he wasn’t a complete stranger.

I found Royce’s order to kill Maliki strange too, like Royce and Maliki have been on a lot of missions together, fighting beside one another in the best interests of the Doldrums… So, when Royce was all “Maliki is gonna lead to the Nightmare entering the Doldrums”… It was a little disappointing for me I must say.

At the end of the day I’m just trying to raise awareness. Character death should always progress the story, and not end it. Even if that character is an obnoxious troll.

Edited by Greg

6 hours ago, Greg said:

Ehk was Ehk

I'm not saying he wasn't. Just that the way Ehk was was bound to get him killed eventually.

Ehk tried to stop them destroying the nightmare there and became a nuisance in the fight. She also knows of his reputation for assaulting people on a regular basis and his crime in Silver-Eye is still well known, she had plenty of motivation when he also started hurling insults at her and her friend Royce; not to mention she gave him two minutes to leave and he stuck around to try and get the last words, she also saw him as a madman for even siding with the Nightmare and much like the crazies in the jungle decided to put him down.

Ehk was also jailed for sexually assaulting someone on Silver Eye, so.

Whether or not it happened IC, it's what's spread around.

1 hour ago, Trip said:

Ehk was also jailed for sexually assaulting someone on Silver Eye, so.

Whether or not it happened IC, it's what's spread around.

Now that's not entirely fair, I'd hope that the Staff would intervene if someone posts a rumour saying Bob is an evil murderer and then he gets killed over it.

Edited by AlexV

2 minutes ago, AlexV said:

Now that's not entirely fair, I'd hope that the Staff would intervene if someone posts a rumour saying Bob is an evil murderer and then he gets killed over it.

Sadly the 'Rumor' section of discord is the biggest and worst example of legitimized metagaming there is. People aren't even posting convincingly fake rumors anymore, it's more an 'event update' thread (Am admittedly guilty of using it exactly like that mind you)

17 hours ago, Trip said:

It was ICly done, not through the Rumor.

That's fine. I'm just saying that if I wanted someone ganked all I need to do is post a Rumor saying they're actually Sargeras and people would go kill him. That's not okay.