Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Reimbursing Productivity Tokens

Though I must admit I have not quite thought about the negative implications it may bring with it, I have pondered about the Productivity Tokens, and I have reached a conclusion: Allow them to be reimbursed (1 productivity per token, of course. Or 0,5 so it's got a consequence. Or something, you decide what). Maybe only until a certain condition has been met, so that you can't accidentally buy more than needed and be stuck with them.

first problem that comes to mind is banking them. Productivity serves a secondary purpose of keeping an incentive to play regularly sine the cap makes them a use-it-or-loose-it resource. Even a .5 handicap in reimbursement would break the system.

I could in essence avoid the entire cap by making sure I cash out whatever it takes to be below the cap for however long I am not online and then spend it when I am.

That is why they are unique, though, no? And that's exactly why I said they're only reimbursable under certain conditions: IE after 2 hours have passed, you can not turn them back and they must stay as they are. Yet I understand that may be hard to code.