Sign in to follow this  
Val

King's honor, friend.

Greetings! I am the Alchemage! Purveyor of all sorts of mystical and fantastical roleplay -- Mostly I like to play magic users is what I'm saying. I've got experience with World of Warcraft and its roleplay community (including private servers like this one) reaching back for nearly a decade now, and what's here has truly piqued my interest A friend of mine linked me to this community here and well, it looks like an interesting idea that's at least worth trying out.

However, I do maintain a certain level of skepticism on private roleplay servers, seeing how a lot of them have come and gone in relatively short periods of time over the years. Generally a project as ambitious as this one wouldn't be one on my radar, but I'm willing to give it a shot and hopefully to be proven wrong. Especially after seeing all the detail and work put into the RPG system that would likely be too much of a pain to work with otherwise. I just hope that the levels of character progression don't get too out of hand as this project grows older, as that seems to be a common problem among these roleplay servers.

Either way, I'm happy to be here and am excited for the coming launch. Hope to see you on the islands!

Also, I don't see alchemy in any of the RPG stuff. Where's my alchemy? It's important okay!

Oh yeah, and tell me Warcraft puns. Post them in this thread. Make people groan.

Edited by Alchemage
  • Like 5

I wish we had proper alchemy and herbalism, too :)

But sadly, it's not implemented yet. Maybe we will get it later!

The Provisioner can craft a few potions, though! So maybe that'll be your thing. Welcome and have fun on the server.

• Like 1

Howdy! And welcome!

You came at an exciting time! I think it's healthy to maintain a certain amount of skepticism, who knows what can happen and you don't want to get too far ahead of yourself. I for one hope this project lasts a good long while and I'll do my very best to support that, as will the rest of the staff!

As to your points? Scaling is an issue, but due to the way XP costs go for combat, progression becomes very difficult, letting other people catch up. Which is good!

And for alchemy? Provisioner has all kinds of potions to be made- and soon-ish, transmutation as well!

• Like 1

POGGERS, Glad to have you on-board! Let's try to sail this ship as far as we can before it crashes!

• Like 1

Welcome! I was looking for that too, but it was likely because in retail I played this character as an herbalist/alchemist. 

For some reason I thought you didnt know how to spell Archmage, but I stand corrected now. Welcome on board.