Sign in to follow this  
Loshy

A couple of suggestions.

Hi all, so this is a couple of suggestions from the test a few hours ago.

Suggestion 1
In black finger, there was a corpse of a twilight cultist with an empty bottle on top of it; my suggestion is to have some sort of way to inspect corpses to see what may have happened to them.  This could require one of the non-combat skills already available.

Suggestion 2
When doing .rpg csheet on a creature you're able to see the enemies CR; my suggestion add a line that gauges the difference in power between you and the creature (similar to that of everquest) such as "creature_name appears weaker than you" or "creature_name appears to be incredibly more powerful than you".  This can be locked behind higher perception just like being able to see more details.

Edited by Loshy
  • Like 2

Not sure about the First suggestion but the Second one isn't really necessary. It's already locked behind perception as the more perception you have the more detail you get of their stats and eventually their raw numbers. At that point you can just compare your stats with theirs.

I like the basic idea of the first suggestion. In fact, we have already talked about game improvements further down the line that could make something like this possible. One of the planned features in the future is, to be able to drop items in the game world for others to pick up. Essentially, this would create an object in the game world (a container item, something like a small bag or a chest) that stores the dropped items in it and that is click-able by everyone. There is a lot we could do with something like this. For instance, in the example you have given, we could place an invisible container item at the corspe that can be found by a new ".rpg search" function, that takes the player's perception into account. If found, the container item could contain items and/or OOC-Note with IC-Hints written on it as to what happened to the corpse.

In regards to the second idea, I agree with Trip.

I don't really have an opinion on the second one, but, the first one seems coolio. Especially with foogleguy's addendum. Being able to drop items like that for others to find reminds me of stashes in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games.

• Like 1

there's a wide range of differences in people's fighting ability regardless of their XP relative to a creature's Cr, as well as a difference between creatures with the same Cr but of a different type. I'M LOOKING AT YOU RAPTORS!! I don't think that one is possible.

inspecting corpses would be really interesting especially if tied to perception. It'd be really neat to have one character look at a corpse and say "he's definitely dead" another say "he was stabbed to death" and another say "it looks like he was running from his attacker after being stabbed and had tried at one point to fight them of"

1 hour ago, Bob Ross said:

there's a wide range of differences in people's fighting ability regardless of their XP relative to a creature's Cr, as well as a difference between creatures with the same Cr but of a different type. I'M LOOKING AT YOU RAPTORS!! I don't think that one is possible.

inspecting corpses would be really interesting especially if tied to perception. It'd be really neat to have one character look at a corpse and say "he's definitely dead" another say "he was stabbed to death" and another say "it looks like he was running from his attacker after being stabbed and had tried at one point to fight them of"

That can just be done by asking the player and RPing it out without the RPG, I'd wager. Bodies don't remain behind, they despawn after a while.

1 hour ago, AlexV said:

That can just be done by asking the player and RPing it out without the RPG, I'd wager. Bodies don't remain behind, they despawn after a while.

I'm aware. I was thinking more about the static ones like in Last Battleground